SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns? Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
rtquig

When did this become a gun control thread?

OT -

Love to get an AUG or Tavor, but will likely not spend the capital on them.

Beretta 92 - finally gonna get a replacement for one I sold years ago.

Otherwise ammo, mags, and optics for what I do have.

When Arc asked a question about what I posted. It should originally been put in the Lounge, but I felt Arc deserved an explanation that he asked for.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
IWI TS12

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Nothing ...

Really. I don't have a list. It's what happens when you've been buying, owning and selling for nearly 40 years.

Don't confuse the above that I won't come across something that really catches my eye.

Now if I had to start all over, there would be a list, and I'd probably need only 1 safe and not just have all my bases covered, but my wants too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Sig P229 9mm Legion, Ruger precision rimfire to teach my nephew some about distance shooting.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
An older (pre-Rem) Marlin, or Winchester lever gun in .45LC, 20-ish" octagon barrel.
An older S&W 66 or 19 (.357, bull barrel). Pinned & recessed, hammer-mounted firing pin, etc.
M-1 Carbine, WWII or Korean vintage. I still kick myself really hard for selling the one I had about 20 years ago.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cz scorpion s2 micro.
b&t GHM9 or tp9
and maybe a decent 12ga over/under

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Zenith Z-5RS with brace.
Glock 17
Rossi R92 in 357
Taylor and company Smokewagon blue 357.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My list is pretty short.

I have a number of AR's but I think I would like to build one more. Specifically, I have been eyeballing the BCM C8 upper and thinking about a C8 clone.

I also want a Beretta / Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical

Finally, I want a B&T GHM9

If I build the C8 clone I will probably do away with a PSA carbine I built years ago.

Edit: Oh, and I wouldn’t mind one of those James River Armory BM-59's

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ Scorpion EVO S3 Pistol with arm brace

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SKS Paratroper (16" bbl), for my survival rifle, (as in they take my AR away). Looking at one, no FH, bayonet lug, pistol grip, has detachable AK mag though, model MC-5D. I'll probably save up for a standard (10 rd. stripper clip) version if I like the one I'm looking at.

They're supposed to be very reliable, pretty accurate.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I was a bad boy after SHOT this year and spent a lot or am in the process of spending a lot. I've already bought a SAN 751 SAPR from JDI firearms. I've got a B&T APC9 and APC223 currently on order. I also reserved one of a half dozen SAN 553 pistols in factory ilaflon flat dark earth finish that JDI has coming in. I plan to add a B&T USW (possibly the new pistol as well as the PDW) and a B&T APC308 when they're available stateside. I also hope to add a SCAR PDW when they're released to the civilian market. Lastly I want to get into precision rifle shooting and am planning on picking up an Accuracy International rifle setup at some point in the future. That's probably my next 3 years worth of buying at least!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short list:
HK P-7 (and hopefully under $1000)
A nice .357 lever action, I'd like one of the case hardened ones.
Another S&W 4506 is probably going to find its way into the safe...
Another BHP, something with a few miles on it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
No guns to speak of.

I just want some decent weather and some free time to finish testing and working up loads for the precision AR that I put together over the winter.

If I were given $1000 and told to buy something firearms related right now, it would be either ammo or components.

ETA:

A 9mm AR is really tempting. But I know that would lead me down the rabbit hole of adding a suppressor for 9mm and for what would essentially be a range toy, I don't want to spend that right now. I know it would also lead to a high quality aftermarket trigger because I would go shoot USPSA PCC with it, and factory AR triggers are gross.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Vepr AK. But since that is f’d, Arsenal.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
CZ 805 Bren S1 carbine in black and maybe a VP9.

That's about it until I see something else I want Wink

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This. Rebuilt HK MP5. Should have it in a couple weeks.

Yippie Ki Yay!

https://s31.postimg.org/yps3ox7qz/IMG_2860.jpg

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:

.450 Bushmaster AR
.44 Mag Ruger Redhawk
Smith and Wesson Model 617 revolver
M1 Garand
Remington 870 Police
Ruger 10/22 Target
Ruger American in 7mm/08
And not a gun, but a .22 suppressor

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. If I'm really dreaming, a SCAR 17 in 6.5 Creedmoor.

.450 Bushmaster (or at least an upper). Could be used on hogs here in Texas, and I have relatives in a state that recently allowed straight walled rifle cartridge for deer hunting.

10 mm Sig P220 Legion

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Tavor 7 when it comes out, but that’s all I can think of. Really nothing else out there floats my boat right now.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about this lately and I can honestly say that nothing right now is on my list except for magazines and ammunition.
I thought I was in a funk but I ultimately found out that I really don't need anymore weapons. It doesn't sound right but, I think I have enough.
1 whole safe of rifles that's collecting dust.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post