SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m always on the lookout for a Remington 600.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again, I'm thinking about an AK-47. I get this urge to buy one here and there, I start to look at them and after I pick one up and operate the bolt, and it's all gritty, rough and we'll "blah". I put it down and it goes away for awhile.

But yeah, I'm looking at an AK-47....

Arman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the $$ or any practical use for either, but I'd love to have a WWI Imperial German Navy Luger rig, and a pre-WWII Colt National Match Government Model. And maybe a G Series FAL.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Again, I'm thinking about an AK-47. I get this urge to buy one here and there, I start to look at them and after I pick one up and operate the bolt, and it's all gritty, rough and we'll "blah". I put it down and it goes away for awhile.

But yeah, I'm looking at an AK-47....

Arman

Find a Valmet ... Or a Swiss SiG 553, the ultimate AK, available in 223 or 7.62x39!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure about these things, but how hard would it be to find an AK made by Kalashnikov? Are they banned or difficult to get through Customs still?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Kalashnikov was only the designer; he never manufactured guns. That was the job of the Revolutionary Workers Small Arms and Toilet Seat Factory Number Three.... Or something like that.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
New Russian imports from AK-type rifle suppliers are banned. Get a Saiga - that's as close to a factory Kalashnikov as we ever got over here. The unconverted ones will set you back a bit, but it's the real deal. If you can find a VEPR and are willing to live with the priced, they're also beautifully made rifles. While you'll have to live with 922(r), companies like Legion USA, K-Var and others have all the goodies to make it as Russian as possible. Just remember that all that Zenit stuff can get heavy quick. Oh, and if you really want to go nuts you can try your luck with Eastwave and Kalinka Optics (they've both been good to me, but things seem to occasionally happen) for some righteous Russian optics. The PK-A1 seems to keep getting my attention, FWIW.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I got one of mine last week. It wasn’t the Zenith Z5RS that had originally wanted but just as good. I got a PTR - 9ct. And I love this thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a still in the box walnut stocked Tikka T3 Hunter in 308 at a used price. I guy had won it in a raffle and sold it to my favorite pawn shop. That is going to be a hard act to follow.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
I want Ruger American Ranch in .450 Bushmaster with a cheap 1x4 scope for a truck gun.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now I want a savage lightweight hunter with the KUIU pattern stock in 6.5cm, not an expensive proposition but at the moment, the gun budget is pretty well blown.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing a CZ Shadow2 ... in blue. Not for any particular reason except I like the looks of it and it feels good in the hand. On the CZ forums & Facebook places they are raved about but they are a bit pricy but I've been likening my Tactical Sport and 75B-SA

Ain't she perty?

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
M77/357
Browning BAR
Ruger 9mm carbine
10/22
Beretta 87 cheetah
Beretta 92 beater
9mm 1911 or hi-power

I guess thats my long list lol

Lots of optics...couple suppressors too

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
New Russian imports from AK-type rifle suppliers are banned. Get a Saiga - that's as close to a factory Kalashnikov as we ever got over here. The unconverted ones will set you back a bit, but it's the real deal. If you can find a VEPR and are willing to live with the priced, they're also beautifully made rifles. While you'll have to live with 922(r), companies like Legion USA, K-Var and others have all the goodies to make it as Russian as possible. Just remember that all that Zenit stuff can get heavy quick. Oh, and if you really want to go nuts you can try your luck with Eastwave and Kalinka Optics (they've both been good to me, but things seem to occasionally happen) for some righteous Russian optics. The PK-A1 seems to keep getting my attention, FWIW.

How are the Kalishnakov USA guns? They're showing an AK "coming soon" on their website. But have other models listed with prices. Their factory is 10 minutes from my house.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about them. Kalashnikov USA was established as the US arm of the Russian Kalashnikov company, but then their supplies were cut off by the ban. They've been promising to fire up some kind of AK production since then, but so far I don't think they've actually put AKs on the market. IIUC they only recently added the pistol-caliber carbines they're showing on their website.

ETA: Actually, I'd kinda like to get my mitts on the Alpha rifle Kalashnikov USA promised us back in 2016. http://www.gunsholstersandgear...rom-kalashnikov-usa/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ultra lite AR. With no FA, preferably a left hand side charger if such a monster exists. I’m a lefty and the way I like to sling a gun, the FA bugs me. If the side charger is on the right it would do the same thing.

Ultra lite PCC. Maybe a short barrel with a brace.

A non AR, semi auto, maybe in 7.62x39. AKs are a little too rudimentary. Galil Ace maybe. I’m still pissed at SIG for bailing on the 556xi platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I’m still pissed at SIG for bailing on the 556xi platform.

Me too, and it wasn't long after they came out with the US version of the SSG-3000 they bailed on them too. Fortunately I bought all the 55X guns I wanted before whey bailed ... I was really disappointed to find out their 716 handguards weren't compatible with anything else.
To let them know, I haven't bought anything else and don't plan to ... As much as I'd like to have an MPX & MCX ... who knows when they'll discontinue anything else ... I hate to say, SiG has lost my faith in their continuing as a quality company.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I’m still pissed at SIG for bailing on the 556xi platform.

Me too, and it wasn't long after they came out with the US version of the SSG-3000 they bailed on them too. Fortunately I bought all the 55X guns I wanted before whey bailed ... I was really disappointed to find out their 716 handguards weren't compatible with anything else.
To let them know, I haven't bought anything else and don't plan to ... As much as I'd like to have an MPX & MCX ... who knows when they'll discontinue anything else ... I hate to say, SiG has lost my faith in their continuing as a quality company.

MPX/MCX, what are they other than another piston AR. Variant? They cost too. Somebody told me that the Galil Ace was a too expensive variant of an AK. I think the same can be said for the MCX.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Sigh...

It's too bad FN can't build the SSR. It's also a real shame they lack the technology to build one in 6.5 Creedmore. I've always been a HUGE fan of FN rifles and carbines, I really wish they had the engineering talent on hand to make the SSR in 6.5.

But they can't... Roll Eyes

If I ever have a chance to talk to an FN rep, that's pretty much what I'd say. You would think if other manufacturers could build a 6.5 rifle, that FN would be able to figure out how to make one. Buuuttt... I guess not. FN just doesn't know how to I suppose.

The FN rep would probably be like "Oh yea, we've got prototypes in 6.5, it's not rocket science making a barrel in 6.5, blah blah blah."

I'd just say, Yep too bad you guys can't pull it off. Really too bad... Roll Eyes Sigh...

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Scar 17

Bought one on gunbroker today!
Am out of town right now on business.... but end of next week.. it shall be mine!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post