SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns? Login/Join 
posted
Ok, I am to the point of having all the AR's I can stand. Now I am thinking of what do I really want to have in my collection. Not necessarily need, but just flat out want. Arc's thread about the RFB got me thinking about this. Here is my list for rifles and pistols I want for grins and giggles.

1. 6.5 Creedmor Howa Bravo stock. No need just want to have the opportunity to reach out and stretch my legs if needed.

2. Uberti 1873 rifle preferably .44 Mag, most likely .357/38 spl. Just because I want one. The whole linkage strength gives me pause about .44 mag, but what I would prefer.

3. 300 black out. Have enough lowers this will come to fruition. Don't need, just have the resources already to make it happen.

4. Want an RFB or RDB. Always wanted a bullpup, but just never pulled the trigger. Keltec has some great designs, just not the ability to produce, in numbers. Still want one.

5. Not a rifle, but want a wheel gun. Want .44mag for when in the mountains of NM for black bear and mountain lions. Reason self preservation. Don't really want to be eaten. Not likely, but shit happens.

6. Colt SAA, just because. Would like to match the lever gun. Why, because Cowboys and Indians. Thats why.

After that I am good with everything I would have.

What's say the forum? Give us your list of wants.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Scar 17

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Scar 17

Like the Scar's but think I would like the ACR for the 5.56 version more. Never looked at the true Battle Rifle calibers other than the RFB. FAL would probably come into play. I'm very old school.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
300blk pistol build. The parts to get it mostly completed are coming tuesday. so that's a very-short-list gun. Razz I still need a couple other parts and then a couple standard upgrades.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
300blk pistol build. The parts to get it mostly completed are coming tuesday. so that's a very-short-list gun. Razz I still need a couple other parts and then a couple standard upgrades.

Think the same thing. All I need is the upper. Most likely 9" or 10" and then get a can to use with it. Never bought a can, but need to go ahead and get it done. The whole wait time is just BS, but either do it or get off the pot, right?

posted Hide Post
Ruger will get some cash from me soon.
American Bolt in 7.62 X 39
Ruger 9mm Glock mag Carbine

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I keep buying what's on my short list. But I have been lusting for a short barrel, open sight, 30 caliber rifle. Even though I'm tall a Marlin 336Y youth model appeals to be. It has a 16.25" barrel and a thick or slip on recoil pad would make up some for the 1" shorter stock.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
quote:

Think the same thing. All I need is the upper. Most likely 9" or 10" and then get a can to use with it. Never bought a can, but need to go ahead and get it done. The whole wait time is just BS, but either do it or get off the pot, right?

I have 10" and 11.5" AR pistols right now, so I went 7.5" for the 300blk to avoid confusion. It'll be loud as hell, but I'm good with that.

I may eventually get the Dead Air Wolf 9SD suppressor, which has no barrel length restrictions. The Omega 9k is rated down to 8" for 300blk sub/super.

but yeah - the wait times are killing that purchase for me, too. even though I keep telling myself every day I don't buy it is another day on the wait time.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Omega 9k is rated down to 8" for 300blk sub/super.

but yeah - the wait times are killing that purchase for me, too. even though I keep telling myself every day I don't buy it is another day on the wait time.

I have two Omega9k's.
One for my MPX and the other for my MCX SBR in 300blk.
What's crazy is my MCX sounds quieter with the 9k than it does with the full size Omega300.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I really want a gas operated 9mm carbine. The mpx fits the bill, but it's stupid expensive. I don't see many other options out there.

I'd like a Blackhawk convertible in .357/9mm, stainless, 4 5/8".

I'm toying with the idea of a P365, but haven't seen or handled one yet.

Finally, I'm considering building a rifle-length AR, just because I don't have one yet, and I can get lowers for cheap and take my time ordering parts.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
AR Pistol with brace

Garand

Full sized FAL with wood stocks

.480 Ruger Alaskan

Ed Brown Stainless Commander

Ruger 77/22

A nice O/U 20 gauge.

Mauser 98 in a safari caliber

Marlin .45-70

When I get all that stuff, I'm sure I'll find something else.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm

Glock 17 Gen 5 with RMR

Ruger 22/45 Mk. IV

M1903A3

Winchester M1 Garand

IBM M1 Carbine

.308 AR or SCAR 17

Ruger PC 9mm Carbine, once they work out the kinks and come out with a non-takedown model with a peep sight on the receiver

Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 or CZ 527 in 7.62x39

Ruger 10-22 M1 Carbine conversion

Pre-safety Marlin 336 .30-30

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Tikka CTR in 6.5
Lever Action of some sort in .357 or .44
Smith Model 29
Colt 1903
Colt Woodsman

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Kind of simple here. I just recently picked up two Ruger Americans (Talo) 17HMR and 22Mag, in stainless with walnut stocks(I am a sucker for walnut and s/s). There is a 22LR version out there that is on my list, among a ton of other things.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Kriss Vector .45
M1A EBR .308
BA-50 .50BMG
1874 Sharps 45/70
MechTech Glock carbine .357Sig
Volquartsen Cheetah .22Mag
Calico M12 .30

Got my eyes on a Kalashnakov. Someday...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger 77/22 varmint build
Glock mag ar pistol in 357 sig, 8" barrel
P220 compact
P239 tactical 9mm
Finish my frankengun 229/8
P30L 9mm v3
Glock 35 357sig conversion
OD Glock 19

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Another Schofield in .38
A SIG 320 (not sure why)
Hill and Mac StG 44 in 7.62x39mm https://www.hmgunworks.com/pro...standard-length-223/
Winchester 1873 in .357 $1,200
Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle .308, Stainless, Synthetic stock. Model Number: 6829 $900
SIG P229 DAK 9mm -
HK P7M8 or HK P7M13 in 9mm

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Hill and Mac StG 44 in 7.62x39mm https://www.hmgunworks.com/pro...standard-length-223/

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharps Shiloh in .45/70 or .45/110, and a Freedom Arms 97 in .41 magnum.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Henry Big Boy steel .327fed.

Winchester Featherweight 7mm-08

Henry Big Boy steel .41mag

I guess I'm flush for handguns right now. Check back in a couple hours that might change.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post