SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I'm building an AR rifle and pistol. The rifle in 5.56 and I am undecided on 5.56 or .300 Blackout for the pistol. I'm not buying any guns until at least the rifle is completed.

A suppressor and a couple conversion barrels for my Glock 23.

A nice single action .357 Mag. I am thinking a Blackhawk.

A .22lr AR.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm currently trying to buy another Ruger No.1, that I don't need, in a caliber more powerful than I will ever need, a caliber with expensive bullets and brass that's unavailable. So it really makes sense.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Mossberg MVP Patrol rifle in 5.56 FDE. Since NJ will be confiscating all AR's after the vote on 3/26 I would like to get a bolt action. Moving AR's to Georgia.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
That H&M Stg 44 in .300 Blk would be fun.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Since NJ will be confiscating all AR's after the vote on 3/26

Care to elaborate? Surely this is not a foregone conclusion, and I doubt such would go smoothly or be at all effective.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after reading some of the posts my short list has gotten a little longer. Smile Forgot about the Garand and it's younger sibling the M1A. I might have to turn a spare bedroom into a safe/gun room. I need more money.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimber Adirondack 308.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking a semiauto 12GA, something like a Mossberg 930 SPX.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Some type of MP5 (semi)
Mauser host for a build
Barrel and stock for a scoped AR15
Back up LCP Custom
FAL in 7.62nato
SR25 Match (some day)

quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Kimber Adirondack 308.

I want one of those despite having zero use or need for it.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
My very short list:

A new (to me) 12ga

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Since NJ will be confiscating all AR's after the vote on 3/26

Care to elaborate? Surely this is not a foregone conclusion, and I doubt such would go smoothly or be at all effective.

Hey Arc, here is what is going on. We have the worst anti-gun governor in history that is hell bent on taking away our firearms. He has the votes on his side and is starting the sponsored bills that were already written up before he was sworn in. Here is a brief but good description of the new laws he will get passed:

The current definition of an assault weapon sets forth a list of prohibited firearms and specifically includes any firearm that is “substantially identical” to any of the enumerated firearms. Under State regulations, a semi-automatic firearm is to be considered substantially identical to an enumerated firearm if it meets certain criteria. This bill codifies these regulations while expanding the number of firearms that would be considered assault weapons by adding criteria and reducing the number of criteria that must be met from two to one. For example, under current regulations, a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon.
These criteria include:
a folding telescoping stock,
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
and a grenade launcher.
Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand. The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

Here is the long version:
SENATE, No. 548

STATE OF NEW JERSEY
218th LEGISLATURE

PRE-FILED FOR INTRODUCTION IN THE 2018 SESSION

Sponsored by:
Senator NIA H. GILL
District 34 (Essex and Passaic)

SYNOPSIS
Strengthens State’s assault weapons ban.

CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
Introduced Pending Technical Review by Legislative Counsel.

An Act concerning assault firearms and amending N.J.S.2C:39-1.

Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:

1. N.J.S.2C:39-1 is amended to read as follows:
2C:39-1. Definitions. The following definitions apply to this chapter and to chapter 58:
a. "Antique firearm" means any rifle or shotgun and "antique cannon" means a destructive device defined in paragraph (3) of subsection c. of this section, if the rifle, shotgun or destructive device, as the case may be, is incapable of being fired or discharged, or which does not fire fixed ammunition, regardless of date of manufacture, or was manufactured before 1898 for which cartridge ammunition is not commercially available, and is possessed as a curiosity or ornament or for its historical significance or value.
b. "Deface" means to remove, deface, cover, alter or destroy the name of the maker, model designation, manufacturer's serial number or any other distinguishing identification mark or number on any firearm.
c. "Destructive device" means any device, instrument or object designed to explode or produce uncontrolled combustion, including (1) any explosive or incendiary bomb, mine or grenade; (2) any rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces or any missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter of an ounce; (3) any weapon capable of firing a projectile of a caliber greater than 60 caliber, except a shotgun or shotgun ammunition generally recognized as suitable for sporting purposes; (4) any Molotov cocktail or other device consisting of a breakable container containing flammable liquid and having a wick or similar device capable of being ignited. The term does not include any device manufactured for the purpose of illumination, distress signaling, line-throwing, safety or similar purposes.
d. "Dispose of" means to give, give away, lease, loan, keep for sale, offer, offer for sale, sell, transfer, or otherwise transfer possession.
e. "Explosive" means any chemical compound or mixture that is commonly used or is possessed for the purpose of producing an explosion and which contains any oxidizing and combustible materials or other ingredients in such proportions, quantities or packing that an ignition by fire, by friction, by concussion or by detonation of any part of the compound or mixture may cause such a sudden generation of highly heated gases that the resultant gaseous pressures are capable of producing destructive effects on contiguous objects. The term shall not include small arms ammunition, or explosives in the form prescribed by the official United States Pharmacopoeia.
f. "Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.
g. "Firearm silencer" means any instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance for causing the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm to be silent, or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm.
h. "Gravity knife" means any knife which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force.
[I.] i. "Machine gun" means any firearm, mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir, belt or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism or instrument and fired therefrom.
j. "Manufacturer" means any person who receives or obtains raw materials or parts and processes them into firearms or finished parts of firearms, except a person who exclusively processes grips, stocks and other nonmetal parts of firearms. The term does not include a person who repairs existing firearms or receives new and used raw materials or parts solely for the repair of existing firearms.
k. "Handgun" means any pistol, revolver or other firearm originally designed or manufactured to be fired by the use of a single hand.
l. "Retail dealer" means any person including a gunsmith, except a manufacturer or a wholesale dealer, who sells, transfers or assigns for a fee or profit any firearm or parts of firearms or ammunition which he has purchased or obtained with the intention, or for the purpose, of reselling or reassigning to persons who are reasonably understood to be the ultimate consumers, and includes any person who is engaged in the business of repairing firearms or who sells any firearm to satisfy a debt secured by the pledge of a firearm.
m. "Rifle" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.
n. "Shotgun" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shots or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, or any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder which does not fire fixed ammunition.
o. "Sawed-off shotgun" means any shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length measured from the breech to the muzzle, or a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length measured from the breech to the muzzle, or any firearm made from a rifle or a shotgun, whether by alteration, or otherwise, if such firearm as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
p. "Switchblade knife" means any knife or similar device which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife.
q. "Superintendent" means the Superintendent of the State Police.
r. "Weapon" means anything readily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury. The term includes, but is not limited to, all (1) firearms, even though not loaded or lacking a clip or other component to render them immediately operable; (2) components which can be readily assembled into a weapon; (3) gravity knives, switchblade knives, daggers, dirks, stilettos, or other dangerous knives, billies, blackjacks, bludgeons, metal knuckles, sandclubs, slingshots, cesti or similar leather bands studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood; and (4) stun guns; and any weapon or other device which projects, releases, or emits tear gas or any other substance intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or permanent injury through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air.
s. "Wholesale dealer" means any person, except a manufacturer, who sells, transfers, or assigns firearms, or parts of firearms, to persons who are reasonably understood not to be the ultimate consumers, and includes persons who receive finished parts of firearms and assemble them into completed or partially completed firearms, in furtherance of such purpose, except that it shall not include those persons dealing exclusively in grips, stocks and other nonmetal parts of firearms.
t. "Stun gun" means any weapon or other device which emits an electrical charge or current intended to temporarily or permanently disable a person.
u. "Ballistic knife" means any weapon or other device capable of lethal use and which can propel a knife blade.
v. "Imitation firearm" means an object or device reasonably capable of being mistaken for a firearm.
w. "Assault firearm" means:
(1) The following firearms:
Algimec AGM1 type
Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"
Armalite AR-180 type
Australian Automatic Arms SAR
Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms
Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms
Bushmaster Assault Rifle
Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900
CETME G3
Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type
Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series
Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types
Demro TAC-1 carbine type
Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types
FAMAS MAS223 types
FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms
Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns
G3SA type
Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1
Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms
M1 carbine type
M14S type
MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms
PJK M-68 carbine type
Plainfield Machine Company Carbine
Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF
SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types
SKS with detachable magazine type
Spectre Auto carbine type
Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type
Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types
Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms
USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun
Uzi type semi-automatic firearms
Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms
Weaver Arm Nighthawk.
(2) Any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed above, and including, but not limited to:
(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a thumbhole stock;
(iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
(v) a bayonet mount;
(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or muzzle compensator; or
(vii) a grenade launcher; or
(b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following characteristics:
(ii) a thumbhole stock;
(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of six rounds;
(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:
(ii) a thumbhole stock;
(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
(iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
(vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or
(viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.
(3) A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.
(4) A semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds.
(5) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
x. "Semi-automatic" means a firearm which fires a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger and is self-reloading or automatically chambers a round, cartridge, or bullet.
y. "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.
z. "Pistol grip" means a well-defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the shotgun to be held and fired with one hand.
aa. "Antique handgun" means a handgun manufactured before 1898, or a replica thereof, which is recognized as being historical in nature or of historical significance and either (1) utilizes a match, friction, flint, or percussion ignition, or which utilizes a pin-fire cartridge in which the pin is part of the cartridge or (2) does not fire fixed ammunition or for which cartridge ammunition is not commercially available.
bb. "Trigger lock" means a commercially available device approved by the Superintendent of State Police which is operated with a key or combination lock that prevents a firearm from being discharged while the device is attached to the firearm. It may include, but need not be limited to, devices that obstruct the barrel or cylinder of the firearm, as well as devices that immobilize the trigger.
cc. "Trigger locking device" means a device that, if installed on a firearm and secured by means of a key or mechanically, electronically or electromechanically operated combination lock, prevents the firearm from being discharged without first deactivating or removing the device by means of a key or mechanically, electronically or electromechanically operated combination lock.
dd. "Personalized handgun" means a handgun which incorporates within its design, and as part of its original manufacture, technology which automatically limits its operational use and which cannot be readily deactivated, so that it may only be fired by an authorized or recognized user. The technology limiting the handgun's operational use may include, but not be limited to: radio frequency tagging, touch memory, remote control, fingerprint, magnetic encoding and other automatic user identification systems utilizing biometric, mechanical or electronic systems. No make or model of a handgun shall be deemed to be a "personalized handgun" unless the Attorney General has determined, through testing or other reasonable means, that the handgun meets any reliability standards that the manufacturer may require for its commercially available handguns that are not personalized or, if the manufacturer has no such reliability standards, the handgun meets the reliability standards generally used in the industry for commercially available handguns.
(cf: P.L.2002, c.130, s.5)

2. This act shall take effect immediately.
STATEMENT

This bill would strengthen the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an assault weapon to include: rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.
The current definition of an assault weapon sets forth a list of prohibited firearms and specifically includes any firearm that is “substantially identical” to any of the enumerated firearms. Under State regulations, a semi-automatic firearm is to be considered substantially identical to an enumerated firearm if it meets certain criteria. This bill codifies these regulations while expanding the number of firearms that would be considered assault weapons by adding criteria and reducing the number of criteria that must be met from two to one. For example, under current regulations, a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon. These criteria include: a folding telescoping stock, a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and a grenade launcher. Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand. The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Here is more of what is going on.

On the path to Murphy's desk
Six gun control bills were approved by the committee and another was held for another hearing.
The bills' passage is just the first step in a long process — they will have to be approved by the full Assembly and receive hearings in the Senate before being sent to Gov. Phil Murphy's desk.
Unlike Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who signed a few gun control bills during his two terms but vetoed many more, Murphy, a Democrat has signaled he is eager to take on gun control during his first term.
Making a surprise visit with Statehouse reporters on Wednesday, Murphy said he doesn’t usually comment on legislation until "we’ve got it in detail" and that he wants to “make sure I’ve read the fine print on all of these.”
“But conceptually, these are all in the direction we want to go," Murphy said of the bills.
“I really do believe we have an opportunity — when people throw their hands up again after Parkland and say, ‘There’s nothing we can do, there’s nothing that can be done’ — that we can say with specificity, actually there is. We just did it. It’s in New Jersey,” the governor added.
Here's a look at the proposed laws that moved forward Wednesday.

"Justifiable need"
New Jersey has long put tight restrictions on who can obtain a permit to carry a handgun, although Christie toward the end of his tenure loosened the standard used to consider a permit application, commonly known as "justifiable need."
But Murphy immediately took steps to reverse regulatory changes started under Christie, and the state faces a lawsuit from gun owners challenging the constitutionality of the restrictions.
One bill advanced Wednesday, A2758, defines "justifiable need" as "the urgent necessity for self-protection, as evidenced by specific threats or previous attacks which demonstrate a special danger to the applicant's life that cannot be avoided by means other than by issuance of a permit to carry."

10-round restriction
Current New Jersey law bans magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds, but Democrats in the Legislature have sought for years to bring that number down to 10 rounds.
Greenwald called the measure "the signature request from the parents of Sandy Hook," referring to the families of children murdered in the 2012 Newtown, Connecticut shooting, who came to New Jersey to lobby for a previous version that was vetoed by Christie.
Advocates said restricting the size of magazines would limit the effectiveness of mass shooters and urged the passage of the new bill, A2761.
The measure drew among the most vocal response from gun owners who said it amounted to a "de facto gun ban" because the 10-round limit would effectively make many common gun models illegal.

Gun violence restraining orders
Another bill, A1217, would create a specially designated gun violence restraining order in New Jersey that allows family members or others to present a case to a judge to have a person's weapons seized and prohibit them from buying weapons for up to a year if they present a threat to themselves or others.
Assemblyman John McKeon, D-Essex, sponsored the legislation and said it was inspired by the near-fatal 2011 shooting of Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. Citing the warning signs exhibited by the shooter in the recent school shooting in Parkland, Florida, McKeon said the measure would in such cases create a "pathway to have those weapons removed."
Gun owners who testified at the hearing said they were concerned it would allow a law-abiding gun owner to lose his or her weapons based on an accusation alone.

Mental health intervention
A1181 would require police in New Jersey to seize weapons from a person determined by a mental health professional to pose a threat of serious harm to the patient or someone else.
It was the only bill to draw significant pushback from gun control advocates who were worried about the lack of due process for those seeking mental health treatment. Gun rights advocates were also opposed. Lawmakers approved it with some amendments, the details of which were not immediately available.

Restricting private sales
Supporters of A2757 say it would close a "loophole" that allows private gun sales in New Jersey without a background check. Currently, anyone with a firearms purchaser ID or pistol permit can buy a gun in a private sale without the seller performing a background check.
But gun rights advocates call the measure unnecessary and redundant because the firearms ID and pistol permitting processes already require a background check. The proposed legislation would add another background check at the point of sale, which would have to be performed by a licensed gun dealer.
Armor-piercing ammo
Lawmakers also advanced A2759, which targets "a new generation of handgun ammunition which poses a special threat to the law enforcement community because it has the capacity to breach or penetrate body armor."
Advocates for the bill said such ammo serves no purpose other than to kill police or security guards. But Scott Bach, the president of the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, said the law seeks to ban ammunition already banned under federal law.
"Everybody's going to make a headline and say we're all safer but it changes nothing," Bach said.

Smart guns
The only bill that didn't advance Wednesday was A1016, which would establish a commission in New Jersey to determine standards for the sale of "smart guns," also known as child-proof or personalized guns. The measure was scheduled to be considered but held by the committee and will likely get its own hearing.
A version of this legislation was passed by the Legislature but vetoed by Christie in 2016.
The commission would create performance standards for personalized handguns and maintain a roster of the types of weapons available for sale in New Jersey. The bill would also require most New Jersey gun retailers to carry smart guns in their stores, among other firearms.

Living the Dream

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
About the only one that I don't have that I'd really like is a SAA .45. Of course I'd need the matching lever action rifle as well.

I would, though, really like to have a nice high end O/U shotgun. I don't bird hunt much these days though which kind of breaks my heart as if I could only do one kind of hunting for the rest of my life it would be birds.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For some reason I think I need a Henry Single Shot in .308 to play with some load ideas. But I really should finish up one of the five (FIVE!) projects I've got sitting around waiting for a bolt of inspiration. Or gather up my courage and assemble a 20" AR in 6.5 Grendel.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Nothing firm and subject to change, but ...

A compact, single-stack 9mm, possibly a S&W Shield or Ruger EC/LC9S.

A .22LR companion to my AR-556.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Some type of MP5 (semi)
Mauser host for a build
Barrel and stock for a scoped AR15
Back up LCP Custom
FAL in 7.62nato
SR25 Match (some day)

quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Kimber Adirondack 308.

I want one of those despite having zero use or need for it.

I don't really need it either, I already have a Kimber Montana 308 as my sheep rifle but I handled one the other day and it was a pretty awesome gun.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I really want a Winchester 21 in 20 ga.
I really want a Browning Superposed, 12 or 20.
I really want a red pad Ruger M77 in 7x57.
I really want a pre64 Winchester Model 70 in... probably 30-06 but def something classic.
I really want an HK P7.
I really want a Dakota bolt rifle... chambering doesn't matter that much.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger M77 in 375 Ruger
Sporterized Enfield with adjustable sight

Posts: 14 | Location: Northern Neck, Virginia | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
rtquig

When did this become a gun control thread?

OT -

Love to get an AUG or Tavor, but will likely not spend the capital on them.

Beretta 92 - finally gonna get a replacement for one I sold years ago.

Otherwise ammo, mags, and optics for what I do have.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
a semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two listed criteria would be considered an assault weapon.

Still better than NY where even one is too many.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post