SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok what is on your short list of rifles/ hand guns? Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Hill and Mac StG 44 in 7.62x39mm https://www.hmgunworks.com/pro...standard-length-223/

Agree that it is a very cool rifle except for one thing....how exactly do you hold the front end of the rifle without burning the crap out of your hand after a few rounds? It appears to be all metal??? Not sure I would invest that kind of money in a rifle you need to wear an oven mitt to hold. You might get both looks of admiration and head shakes/chuckles at the range. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thin metal handguard wasn’t the best design choice. Lots of pictures from the era of troops holding the magwell with the offhand instead of the handguard. That, or wearing heavy gloves.

It was a Teutonic weapon of war, wielded in battle! You can man-handle it or you can’t! Big Grin

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Well, the original had a metal handguard ... Can you imagine the outraged if it didn't?
I'm thinking it would be something like the SiG-556 with a fish-gill handguard!

All that technology, choice of caliber's and only 11 pounds ... unloaded!

I wonder if the "Ultra Modren" version takes Mag-Pul mags?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I surely was referring to the original. Smile

It never was the best choice in handguard, but troops of the day had to make it work. Smile

If I could own a modern repro in 7.62x39 and was sitting on a pile of it, I’d surely give no shits about the range-sneer’s sidelong glances at my oven mitt. After all, it’s only envy. Wink

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I know, I was mainly referring to the outrage that there would be if if it wasn't a perfect clone of the original and what happened when SiG veered away from what the American buyers were expecting!

It is available in 7.62x39! Now all you need is a pile of it ... Sadly, those days are gone.

And 223 and 300 Black Out ... And caliber changes are already available.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post