SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Foxtrot Mike vs. Quarter Circle 10 Side Charger 9mm Upper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foxtrot Mike vs. Quarter Circle 10 Side Charger 9mm Upper Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
Gentlemen,

I have an Angstadt 9mm glock lower that I need an upper for. I've narrowed to these two different uppers (because I like the side charging capabilites). The prices on these are about $450 different. What I'm trying to access is whether I should go for the FM product and invest in a red dot and ammo or go for the Quarter Circle?

My primary purpose is for a fun, short, braced PPC carbine. However, I'd rather buy once and cry once if the QC10 is that much better in the long run.

Thanks for your opinions on this.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fm9 charging handle is two thin pieces of plastic. Yeah they give you a spare, but it does not instill confidence. The other plastic bit is the block where an ar15 charging handle would.

I have 400ish rounds through it, maybe more now that i think about it. I would have to check its book.

It shoots fine, eats everything. Charging handle works fine, does not stick or reciprocate. It is a great gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is with my form 1 can.

After posting, I thought about the gun and remembered I had not shot it suppressed yet. So I swapped out my sico 45 tri lug for the sico 9mm tri lug. I brought it out and shot it with the 115grn Tula, then 147grn fiochi ammo. It ran flawlessly. It is handy. the barrel is 10.5 inches plus the 8.5 inch can. Even saying that it is a very handy set up. Charging handle worked just fine. Smooth, no issues. 200 more rounds. It is a good set up. It works very well with the can on.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I went with a Gibbz Arms side-charger. It is all metal.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, went with a FM 7" upper with the new metal "paratrooper" style charging handle. Once I get the optic on an rolling I'll post pic and range report.

posted Hide Post
metal paratrooper handle?

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Like this:

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
It's their new style. You may be able to swap out yours if its causing you grief.

posted Hide Post
Not sofar, it seems to work just fine. Is it a folding lever?

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
It is. It folds about a third of the way down its length until its perpendicular to the handle, parallel to the barrel. Its nice.

posted Hide Post
I may have to see if it will replace mine. Though mine is fine now. How do you like the pistol?

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'll send a range report soon. Heading to Spokane in two weeks to go shooting with my nephew in law who just graduated from Spokane County's Police Academy.

posted Hide Post
I just took delivery of a QC10 complete pistol last week. Looking for a good optic right now. So much to choose from that it’s like Baskin Robins, only worse. I’ll post a range report soon. Fit & finish is impressive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chuck416,

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post