SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Stream-Light with MagPul cantilever mount?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stream-Light with MagPul cantilever mount? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have any experience using a STREAMLIGHT ProTac Rail Mount 1 light with MAGPUL's Extended Cantilever Scout Mount?
MAGPUL's web site says the two are compatible.
But I'm seeing user reviews that say the STREAMLIGHT won't fit the MAGPUL mount.

Any one have any real experience with this combination ? ? ?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Magpul mounts are barely not junk in my experience. I dont know if the streamlight fits, but it should.

Look at Impact Weapon Components and Arisaka for some nice light mounts.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Thorntail mount from Impact Weapon Components and I like the design. This mount works with Surefire and my Streamlight Protac rail mount 2.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
I recently bought a Thorntail mount from Impact Weapon Components and I like the design. This mount works with Surefire and my Streamlight Protac rail mount 2.

IWC stuff is good. I would check their website to see if they make a product to fit the bill.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I don't know how the Pro Tac Rail Mount 1 compares to the 2, but if it's similar it should fit fine. Here is a 2 mounted on the cantilever mount. As others have said the IWC and Arisaka stuff is what I use on my main rifles. This is a backup to the backup's backup. Eventually it will get a new DD Omega Mlok rail and an Arisaka offset mount, but for now this works well enough.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys! Thanks for suggesting IWC.
Looking at their website now and it looks like the Thorntail2 Picatinny Light Mount may be what I'm looking for.
I think I can configure it to attach to the top rail of the handguard with the light on the left side at about the 11:00 o'clock position.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
This place just cost me more money. Bought a bundle deal from IWC.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This place just cost me more money. Bought a bundle deal from IWC.

Yep, me too . . . once I get approval from the Mrs.
Kinda surprised that their prices on StreamLight's were lower than a lot of other places.
(But maybe they make up for it with the prices on their parts & accessories.)

Anyway . . . Ruger357, let us know how your purchase works out???
I'll try to do the same once a) I get approval, and b) I figure out how to upload pictures again.

posted Hide Post
Hey Ruger357;
Did you get the light mount from IWC???
If so, which one did you go with???
I've e-mailed IWC trying to get some dimensions on the various mounts but haven't gotten a response from them.
Trying to find one that won't hang the light out past the muzzle.