SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Light and sling adapter for my AR...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Light and sling adapter for my AR... Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I put a surefire x300 on top with a T1 absolute witness. No issues. I've seen a lot of thorn tails crap out, by the way.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I prefer the 12 o clock position by far. Easy to activate either hand and more importantly, no issues with right or left side cover. I like the rear sling attachment to be on the right with the sling going over the top of the stock, keeps it out of the way of my right shoulder and makes transitions easier.

Get the WML and mount at 12, you can always buy the 11o clock mount later if you don't like the 13 position.

What do you use as your front sight/BUIS?

Troy mounted behind the light, I keep it up for an instant transition in case of dot failure, rear folded down (the front acts like a shotgun bead w/o the rear, bullets impacting a few inches above the post)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
quote:
I prefer the 12 o clock position by far. Easy to activate either hand and more importantly, no issues with right or left side cover. I like the rear sling attachment to be on the right with the sling going over the top of the stock, keeps it out of the way of my right shoulder and makes transitions easier.

Get the WML and mount at 12, you can always buy the 11o clock mount later if you don't like the 13 position.

What do you use as your front sight/BUIS?

Troy mounted behind the light, I keep it up for an instant transition in case of dot failure, rear folded down (the front acts like a shotgun bead w/o the rear, bullets impacting a few inches above the post)

That's an interesting setup. I've seen similar with the pistol lights never with a WML. I'll bet the pad of the WML is easier than a toggle switch. Thanks for sharing that.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post