SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has Anyone Messed With A Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x24 Yet? Reticle At 1X Question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Messed With A Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x24 Yet? Reticle At 1X Question. Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
So after a disappointing experience with a Meopta Optika 6 FFP with the MRAD 2 reticle, I'm back to the drawing board. Has anyone tried the Trijicon Credo 1-6x24? If so, how visible (how useful) was the illuminated reticle at 1X?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Not that scope specifically, but the 1x6 I sighted in at the store was pretty much a 6moa red dot, but became the ring/crosshair during magnification.

Of course that depends on first or second focal plane, and I believe Trijicon offers both.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I haven't used one myself yet but the reviews so far seem to be positive for the new LED Dot model, stating that it's very bright. Here's what I posted in another thread on here.

The Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x with Red LED dot appears to be a winner. The new LED dot is much brighter than past Trijicon LPVO illuminated reticles.

It's $600 cheaper and 3oz lighter than the Vortex Razor HD-E 1-6x. I have several Trijicon Accupoint and Accupower scopes and their glass/quality has always been excellent. I currently have an Accupower 1-4x on a SCAR 16S and will probably upgrade to this Credo HX 1-6x eventually.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trij...0mm-Satin-Black.aspx

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had 2 and now 3 of the Optika6 FFP scopes. Great features, reliability, and repeatability, not to mention the price. A buddy who is a professional coyote hunter, yes, there is such a thing, uses one 300+ days a year and loves his too.

Posts: 58 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Bart, I'm hanging on to the Zplus RD, but what reticles have you found to work well at both 1X and 6X? All things considered, would definitely love to love the Optika 6, but it's hard to love the illuminated reticles in FFP at 1X on the models I've tried. I'd even be willing to consider a good illuminated SFP at the right prices, and apparently some pretty good prices are cropping up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use have the 1-6x24 in FFP. It just doesn't work for my older eyes and that is why I use the KDOT RD in SFP. If I am shooting beyond 100 yards there's a good chance I have it on 6X and I oftentimes zero for maximum point blank accuracy. When engaging targets during competitions I routinely run without the illumination on unless it is an overcast day. I'll take an FFP for long-range shooting every day, but a 24mm obj. is just too small for my old eyes to see well.

Posts: 58 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might be helpful too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJoRfhUw53I&t=4s

Bart