SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Smith-Corona 03-A3 Restore
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith-Corona 03-A3 Restore Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Nicely done!

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and well done. Bravo.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Took her out to the range with the inherited M1 carbine I just replaced all the springs on.

It shot great! Less recoil than I would have figured with the metal but plate. I managed to keep a fist sized group at 100 yards with the irons. I didn't want to try to do better because I only had 20 rounds left. Frown

Took it home and cleaned the barrel. The bore on this (formerly) new GI barrel looks like a mirror. Love it!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Took her out to the range with the inherited M1 carbine I just replaced all the springs on.

It shot great! Less recoil than I would have figured with the metal but plate. I managed to keep a fist sized group at 100 yards with the irons. I didn't want to try to do better because I only had 20 rounds left. Frown

Took it home and cleaned the barrel. The bore on this (formerly) new GI barrel looks like a mirror. Love it!

They are awesome rifles, aren’t they! A real piece of quality and history. I installed the finely checkered match butt plate on both of mine and really like it.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Never happened....

Don’t believe it....

Pics man we demand pics!!!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Never happened....

Don’t believe it....

Pics man we demand pics!!!!

Well, SHIT. I had pics to make sure I was counting the right holes for three shot groups every time I went downrange, but I deleted them when I left. I'll make another trip when I can get some 30.06 components to load or some ammo.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post