SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 556 Classic Swat Rear Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 556 Classic Swat Rear Sights Login/Join 
posted
I got a Sig 556 Classic SWAT not long ago and I hate the diopter rear sight. Is there anyone who makes a regular style sight to fit it and meets up with front sight height ?

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know of anyone that makes a rear sight for it. However Midwest Industries makes a replacement front sight that will work with any AR-15 rear sight if that helps you.

I switched the front sight out on my Sig P556 pistol since it didn't come with a rear sight,only the red dot and emergency backup .

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ditched the stock sights on my Sig 556 Swat Patrol a long time ago and went with MBUS instead

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks I think I will remove the front and go with the MI matched set since they both fold down

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
MFI makes a matched set of reproduction diopter/N+ front sight either hooded or flip up. Its much nicer than the Sig-Exeter set. There are also some options for gas block-mounted replacement front w/ rear...Troy I think? I'll google it a bit.

Here's a pic I put together showing the differences in the discontinued Aurora diopter, the Sig-Exeter set, the MFI repro and a real Swiss version from an SG553.

Here's a pic I saved way back that shows the difference in sight heights. Notably, the factory sights shown are the US-made options, not N+ Swiss height which are slightly shorter. N+ cowitnesses on an Aimpoint Micro low mount. The Aurora looks to be N+ height.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Samson...the front mounts to the gas block in the stock position and provides M4 height sights (not my preference but its an option)

http://www.samson-mfg.com/cate...-sight-packages.html

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple years back the MFI were hard to get. Never saw the Sampson ,they look good. I would have got the Sampson if I saw them. I am happy with the MI front and ar-15 rear sight I got,both flip down and I mainly use the Aimpoint Pro.The do the job of backups.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
I switched the front sight out on my Sig P556 pistol since it didn't come with a rear sight,only the red dot and emergency backup .

Which MI front sight/AR15 rear sight did you use?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArcticSapper:
Thanks I think I will remove the front and go with the MI matched set since they both fold down

Which model MI matched set are you speaking of? I've looked at MI sights before, but I'm not sure which one would work for the 556 pistol.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the MI front sight and a MagPul rear sight that I already had.