SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Not a cowboy action shooter....but couldn’t pass this one up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a cowboy action shooter....but couldn’t pass this one up Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
1894CB JM marked 45 Colt
24” octagon, semi buckhorn sight

Really good shape, just enough wear that there will be no worries shooting it.

I’m starting to get rid of safe queens and replace them with shooters as I get older

Oof, the safe is full, my next house is gonna have a vault

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Nice Elk!

I need to figure out a non-fugly way to add some LOP to my lever gun.
(plain jane jm ‘94 44mag)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Having only ever shot the 357 in the lever gun/single action world, im finding myself wanting to try other calibers and find a good ol’ JM marlin like youve got there in whichever caliber ends up being my favorite. Beautiful rifle, my friend!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Very nice score- what did you give for it? The way to make carbines in 45LC shine is to reload with modern, strong brass like Starline and make them hot. They are equal to, and in some cases, superior to .44 mag in performance. The only hazard would be not taking great care to keep the ammo away from handguns not rated for high pressure loads.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very nice. After looking for a while I found one in .357.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Very nice score- what did you give for it? The way to make carbines in 45LC shine is to reload with modern, strong brass like Starline and make them hot. They are equal to, and in some cases, superior to .44 mag in performance. The only hazard would be not taking great care to keep the ammo away from handguns not rated for high pressure loads.

I’m thinking of running cowboy action style light loads and plinking on steel, not going to hunt with it, my 44mag lever guns are fine for deer close in
Gave $500, even with a few scuffs and scratches (don’t show up well in pics) I thought that was a very good deal. Would have easily paid 600-650 to get it. The shop I bought it from shows me stuff in the back before it even comes out.

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:

Gave $500, even with a few scuffs and scratches

I hope you let him keep the leftover lube Smile That was a steal.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the sun was shining brightly on Elkabong on that day , great deal , good for you

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought that was a very good deal.

FWIW, I would most definitely agree. Nice grab!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those can go for $1000. The .357s tend to cost more, and easily sell for $1000, but the .45s are generally well over $500. Nice buy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a beauty!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:

I’m thinking of running cowboy action style light loads and plinking on steel, not going to hunt with it, my 44mag lever guns are fine for deer close in
Gave $500, even with a few scuffs and scratches (don’t show up well in pics) I thought that was a very good deal. Would have easily paid 600-650 to get it. The shop I bought it from shows me stuff in the back before it even comes out.

$600-650 would have been a steal. $500 is pretty amazing. I would have broke my arm and ripped off a pocket getting my wallet out for that deal Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Hell of a deal. Don't sell it for less than $1,000!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Hell of a deal. Don't sell it for less than $1,000!

Haven’t sold a Marlin lever gun for a long time !
No longer own any Winchester’s though....

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
Very nice. How good is the quality compared to the non-JM models? I have been looking for a while to get one and am learning about them.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
i just picked up an Uberti 1873 'short rifle' in 38/357 w/ octagon bbl...and im not an action shooter either. these are beautiful guns and quite the formidable package with 10+1

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You will love the way it shoots Wink

That round and that gun are a match made in Heaven.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post