SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New "Toy"- Videos added 8/13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "Toy"- Videos added 8/13 Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
F5 can/ball launcher Big Grin

Upper was $150 straight from F5 (They make the ones for xproducts) without BCG/CH.

Going to shoot it monday when I know nobody will be out at our gun club, to keep the old farts from keeling over.

I can go "ammo" shopping at walmart (foam is to fill empty cans to make then reusable)

I wanted one just to mess around, and I had over 500 blanks just sitting around in my stash... Can anyone say soda can skeet?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I feel like I'm well versed in all things gun, but I have never seen such a thing before.

Is it a non NFA item? Is it a firearm at all?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I feel like I'm well versed in all things gun, but I have never seen such a thing before.

Me too...looks like fun though (but the brace looks upside down).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
FS? I would love to buy one and not give xproducts a cut.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

ATF Letter concerning it

Obviously shooting certain kinds of projectiles can be declared destructive (IE: pyrotechnic or explosives shot from it, like tannerite) and change the definition and intent of the item.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Son-of-a-bitch, that looks impressive.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Here they are.

They have a buy 4, get one free deal too for a group buy. I requested the long version and added a rail. They offer a railed model as well.

I dug through my parts and found a sight I like better than the leaf, and will work much better.

posted Hide Post
Those are silly fun. It is a lot more comfortably to shot with a regular stock than a brace. It will launch a can a respectable distance and height.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Off topic but who is xproducts, and why don’t we like them? BTW what is up with the brace?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Its not a brace, its an actual stock. It has a buttplate that clamps on and can be rotated. Because of the extreme angles these things have to fire at, it will be more comfortable flipped up. There is a huge rubber buttpad on it.

Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
My Labrador just gave me permission to buy one. And a thousand "rounds" of yellow projectiles to go with it.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:

Off topic but who is xproducts, and why don’t we like them? BTW what is up with the brace?

XProducts markets this blank-fired upper as the "Can Cannon". They also make a drum mag for the AR, and novelties for the Can Cannon, and other AR stuff, lowers, uppers, etc.

The ex-CEO's wife is anti-gun, and I believe the ex-CEO has made statements regarding civilians shouldn't be owning military guns, or some such nonsense. A company that makes extendos and the top level people were proponents of all kinds of "common sense" bullshit. Well, his name was Malarkey, so bullshit isn't much of a stretch I guess.

Anyway, he's gone. The new CEO issued an apology and stated they're pro-gun. Not sure that really got any press, not nearly as much as the malarkey with Malarkey. He was the founder and owner, not sure if that's true, or if the ownership changed, or didn't change and the CEO switcheroo was just smoke and mirrors to keep selling stuff.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
My Labrador just gave me permission to buy one. And a thousand "rounds" of yellow projectiles to go with it.

... thinking the same with the yellow cur sitting here with me. It would sure give my old arthritic shoulder a rest. Smile

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've got a golf ball launcher that threads onto the end of an ar15....it makes a golf all disappear....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bit on the buy 4, get 5 deal...yikes!

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
I bit on the buy 4, get 5 deal...yikes!

Stocking stuffers!

posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for you to post a few videos launching tennis balls and cans?

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:
Would it be possible for you to post a few videos launching tennis balls and cans?

Absolutely, I plan on doing just that tomorrow at our little gun club and the wife will record it.

Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post

I got right at 100 yards with the 8oz soda cans and 60 yards with tennis balls.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15284 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post