SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    trunk gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trunk gun? Login/Join 
posted
do you guys carry a trunk gun of any kind? i carry a glock 26 with me all the time but i have the urge to get a trunk gun. might look at a used 870 police trade in. i would rather carry a 500.00 police trade in my trunk then a more expensive ar15 or such. maybe i am just being paranoid or just want to buy another gun Razz

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
do you guys carry a trunk gun of any kind? i carry a glock 26 with me all the time but i have the urge to get a trunk gun. might look at a used 870 police trade in. i would rather carry a 500.00 police trade in my trunk then a more expensive ar15 or such. maybe i am just being paranoid or just want to buy another gun Razz

Edit to add- If you are more comfortable with a shotgun, it is a valid choice anywhere.

You can buy new AR15's for under $500. That said, a shotgun is still a valid choice in areas where wildlife, or anti-gun legislation is an issue. I take the train to work and do not leave a gun in the truck. If I lived in another state, I probably would have something however.

Posts: 242 | Location: IL | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
in the past year,
during times that seemed,,,,, bad,, or heading that way,

I would put an AR M4ish or a riot shotgun in the boot (I drive a mini) or in the backseat of the truck,,

only lasted a few days so they are not both back in the house,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trunk Monkey

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trunk Monkey

https://youtu.be/AdeIpLTjD3M

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I used to carry a Russian M44, great carbine in a good caliber, I was going out to our hunting lease quite often so I felt it was a good choice as it would be used on hogs of opportunity.

A shotgun is a good choice I think I would load it with slugs or Winchester PDX.

I only carry a spare G17 at the moment but keep playing with the idea of a 8.5" 300BLK pistol with a krink flashhider and a simple 1x4 scope or even just irons. Small enough to handle inside the cab and effective enough for 200m shots and I would think depending on fodder effective against windshields. And since it is a pistol I can keep it loaded in the vehicle.

In the same vein an AK pistol might be a good choice.

If I actually had to contend with riots or Ferguson type situations I would think the new Mossberg 12ga Shockwave would be an interesting soluton.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have a Rossi Model 92 in 357 magnum in the backseat of my truck.

It's slim and isn't scary and black and evil like my AR's...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
AR pistol with brace? If you look around you can get one in your budget.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cost of the gun is not an issue to me. I can shoot an AR with way more confidence and in many more situations versus a shotgun. So that's what I carry.
If its stolen so be it, that's a very low probability event. If I need it, I want everything I can do in my favor.
I can admit to for some time using a Remington Pump AR in some jurisdictions as I felt it lowered my risks of issues, but recently I've decided that really isn't true.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

excellent choice,

been thinking of picking up one for the same reason

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 527 bolt gun in 7.62x39.
5 round mags, good sights, short and handy. Set trigger.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I use one with the 16" barrel. Very handy.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
If you are going to carry a "trunk gun", looking at getting a pistol AR15.

You can leave it in their loaded because it is a pistol. Better range then a shotgun, easier to control because it is shorter.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Current setup. Rides behind the rear seat in my truck. MCX will be getting the axe soon but the bag will remain.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have two guns, one for each of you (cars). Both 870 police magnums.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post