SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kimber 82 government front sight aperture Update last post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 82 government front sight aperture Update last post Login/Join 
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted
I was given a Kimber 82 for Christmas by my gf (very nice Christmas gift Smile).
I want to find a set of aperture inserts for it but am having no luck so far. I know the sight was made by Diana but nothing beyond that. Any help at all is welcomed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ragman,

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Check with the CMP to start.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/

Another source of info:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com...orumdisplay.php?f=19

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Lyman or Anschutz 18mm inserts. Champions Choice sells a 10 piece set of the clear and a carrier. If you are after posts, you'll need Lyman or Anschutz.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Thanks David. I am going to try and find the Lyman or Anschutz 18mm inserts.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Arms Company carries a large assortment of these apertures. Contact them to varify correct fit.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Thanks again David. I sent e-mails to Buffalo Arms and Champions Choice. If I don't hear back from them I will try too call Lee Shaver. If these guys can't help, then I think I am just SOL Smile.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has been selling off some of his CMP guns. His Kimber 82 box has never been opened. Not all were razor cut. His is not. He has a sealed Remington as well. If time and funds allow I may buy one or both from him.

Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Have not had much time with my Kimber but so far it is a world of fun. Going old school peep sights is a blast. That's the way I learned to shoot in the scouts. I would say that if you had a chance on that Kimber,go for it. The thing I like most about mine is that it is much easier on my 73 year old body than my 308's Smile.
Thanks again David for all your help.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Pyramid Air has .678" inserts that should work in your Kimber front sight.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ragman:
Thanks again David. I sent e-mails to Buffalo Arms and Champions Choice. If I don't hear back from them I will try too call Lee Shaver. If these guys can't help, then I think I am just SOL Smile.

give them time,

good people to deal with

Dear Customer,
Holiday Schedule: We will be closed at noon on December 20th through January 5th for Christmas and New Year's Holidays. Web orders will still be accepted and processed in the order they are received when we return on Jan. 6th.

or just put a Unertl on it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the gift, you have a great girl there!

I have an 82G that I received from the CMP!

I got to pick it out of a lot they brought to the Houston Gun Collectors show in ~’04. They trucked in pallets of their then current inventory and would let you put your name on it then they trucked them back to HQ and awaited your completed order.

My 82G has a slight razor cut but the wood is very fantastic.

18K SN range.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
HK: sounds like ours could be twins. Same marks and ser # range. Mine came from a local doctor who was selling off some of his guns. No idea where it came from.

Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I called Lee Shaver and we talked about the inserts. I checked the measurement and after more talk I ordered a set of his Globe Sight Inserts that fit Parker Hale. They work. The only thing is the center line tabs need to be longer but as I said they will work. You have to be very careful when you put them in. If anyone is in need of apertures for there M-82 call Lee Shaver Gun Smithing.