SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So I picked up a DD5V3 and looking for a reasonable trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I picked up a DD5V3 and looking for a reasonable trigger Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
replacement, Not going to do any competition but paper punching and hog hunting. I'd like not to break into the rest of my piggy bank and actually like single stage vs 2 stage but if the price is reasonable I'm ok with a 2 stage. Options or recommendations? There is supposedly a difference between the ar15 vs ar10 platform. I'm assuming the hammer spring for harder primers..

Posts: 2302 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The LaRue MBT-2S (2 stage) is a great trigger for under $90. Some people like it over a $200+ Geissele, others don't.

Definitely one of the best values for an AR trigger, and it comes with two weights of trigger springs if you prefer a heavier trigger.

The single stage version is not the same trigger, and I don't think it's worth the price over a basic coated mil-spec.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I forgot that dd cheaped out some on the V3 and other later models by installing their regular old mil-spec triggers, compared to the V1s and V2s that came standard with Geissele triggers.

While certainly far from the cheapest option out there, I've always been a a huge fan of Wilson Combat's TTUs.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/T.../productinfo/TR-TTU/

For the more budget conscious, PSA's EPT, ( Enhanced Polished Trigger ) is essentially a mil-spec fire control group that is coated, ( nickel? ) and polished for a smoother trigger pull.

As for the hammer spring, a standard AR15 hammer spring is typically used whether it's in a 7.62 AR or not. As long as one doesn't use crummy/foreign made steel cased ammo with hard primers, you shouldn't have any ignition problems.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure I have a RRA national match sitting in the garage. I replaced it with a Geissele last year.

If you want it, e-mail me and address, and I’ll drop it in the mail to you

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got the POF flat faced 3.5 lb single stage. I recommend it highly.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I’m pretty sure I have a RRA national match sitting in the garage. I replaced it with a Geissele last year.

If you want it, e-mail me and address, and I’ll drop it in the mail to you
Thank you very much,email sent...

Posts: 2302 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I like JP for single stage.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I have one of the RR triggers. They are not bad at usually go on sale for 89 bucks. There's better out there but they are a good value and very workable I think.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
ALG (sister co of Geissele) ACT - single stage trigger, great feel, comes w two springs and can be had for about $70.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
The LaRue MBT-2S (2 stage) is a great trigger for under $90. Some people like it over a $200+ Geissele, others don't.

Definitely one of the best values for an AR trigger, and it comes with two weights of trigger springs if you prefer a heavier trigger.

The single stage version is not the same trigger, and I don't think it's worth the price over a basic coated mil-spec.

My pick when I don't go with the G. I just bought 5 of them since they drop the price to 75.00 when you buy 5

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies

Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I've put 2 LaRue 2-stage triggers in my latest 2 builds and bought a 3rd for one in the future. I don't think you can go wrong with the current prices on these triggers.

My first AR purchase was an RRA that came with their 2-stage trigger. It's amazing so I purchased a complete kit for one of my earlier AR builds and to me, the trigger I put in my build does not feel as good as the one in the factory rifle. Which led me to trying the aforementioned LaRue trigger.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Larue does make a great trigger, especially at their asking price. Even if money was no object, I’d probably still buy the MBT.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
ALG (sister co of Geissele) ACT - single stage trigger, great feel, comes w two springs and can be had for about $70.

I love this trigger. I’ve been using the BCM PNT as well lately. Feels very similar.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I haven’t bought any triggers for a while but for a shooter I like the RRA’s 2-stage 3.5 pound Varmint and the last time I was looking RRA was blowing out their 2-stage match triggers (4.5 pound) for $60 and I bought several.
Granted, there are better out there but bang for the buck I think RRA is durn good.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Could never get that RRA trigger to work, bought a LaRue and it now functions perfectly. Thanks again for all the responses..

Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I have one of the early DDM4s before there was even a V1 designator, and put in the LaRue MBT-2S trigger fairly recently. Love it so far, especially for the price.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I really like the Larue triggers. I also have a couple Geissele triggers, but the only time to buy them is during the Black Friday sales. They are expensive.

Larue triggers are a great value, any time of the year.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I bought my first LaRue flat faced 2 stage awhile back, you can't beat it for the price.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The Larue MBT2 is my go-to for AR triggers. I have 3, and they've never let me down yet. Can't beat what you're getting with one for the money.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post