SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    DSArms ARs and URGs any good these days?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSArms ARs and URGs any good these days? Login/Join 
Picture of awa762
posted
Does anyone own a relatively recently manufactured DSArms rifle or upper reciever group? Any word regarding the quality of DSArms products these days? I used to really have a good impression of DSArms ~10 years ago, but I'm under the impression that they may have wandered from their previously solid reputation for QC.

I really try to stick with Colt and Daniel Defense. BCM is too expensive for my tastes these days. I'm hoping to find a nice quality upper reciever build option that won't sucker me out of quality for a decent price. Want to finish building the stripped lowers that have been sitting for years. DSA uppers have caught my attention.

DSA Mid-Length Upper

Please share your experience!

Appreciated!

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I had a DSA FAL years ago but that really doesn't translate into what they do with their AR15s.

Another option (and my go to for a step up from PSA bargain bin ARs) is Aero Precision.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.c...ers?barrel_length=34

Keep a look out for their sales, I bought a midlength AR15 upper with BCG and CH for $340 on sale and they have had similar offers this holiday season as well. But even full price, they have lots of URG for the $400 price range.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I’ve considered Aero, but I’ve been stuck on insisting upon a chrome lined bore and chamber, which they don’t offer. I desire CL bore because the rifle might live in a car, and my climate is moist and hot... just like a pressure cooker.

A stainless Aero barrel would probably satisfy, though. I suppose there is no reason why a stainless barrel would be inferior within the circumstance of high volume fire compared to a CL chrome moly barrel, such as what is standard with a Colt?

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of their lowers after Sandy Hook. One went together fine but the other was a PITA. I could not get a GI hammer to fit inside. I had to shave down the shoulders of the hammer so it would fit inside. Not my idea of acceptable QC

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
What about building your upper?
Faxon is doing a match 223 Wylde 416 stainless with QPQ now. The gunner profile in 16 or 18 inch is really accurate and light weight. FF handguards are super easy nowadays. I don’t think I will ever buy another upper. I use Stag uppers and bcg since I’m a lefty but if I weren’t I’d use Aero.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post