SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA AK's........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA AK's........ Login/Join 
posted
Who has experience with these? I'm on their e-mail list an every time I get an e-mail I'm more and more tempted to buy. Are they accurate, good shooters, well made, etc. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Any sane person should be instinctively skeptical when all the smart people agree. Mark Steyn

Posts: 165 | Location: WNC | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I just received my PSA "blem" AK on Friday. I looked hard but couldn't find any blems. Neither could the counter guys at the LGS.

This is the first AK I've ever owned and I haven't shot it, so I don't really have any basis of experience. That said, I handled quite a few at the gun shows here but never bought one. For one, I didn't think the quality of the various manufacturers were worth the asking price of $650 to $850. Second, I thought there was a lot of research required to ensure I was going to get a quality build, and I never did enough of that before going to the gun shows. Century? WASR? Saiga? Arsenal?

To be honest I had dropped the idea of buying an AK after seeing what was available for the price. But then PSA offered their "blemished" AKs for $499 complete with Magpul furniture and Zukhov stock. Being a sucker for cheaply-priced guns, I did the internet research, watched the required YouTube video reviews from Rob Ski (AK Operators Union), drank some kool-aid and decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did because I'm very happy with what I received. My opinion is the American-made PSA AK is a higher quality build and simply feels better than what I held and cycled at the gun shows. The action cycles smoothly and the trigger, while having a lot of take-up, is also smooth and not gritty. Most importantly Mrs. 'Hook likes it and is looking forward to shooting it.

My buddy bought a blem the day after I did and has already taken his to the range for a wring-out session. From his short text he is very happy with it, assuming "it ran like a raped ape" is a good thing.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences. It would be nice to gain some insight into what to expect the first time out.

Unfortunately, PSA doesn't have any AKs in stock at this moment.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post