SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thoughts on Robinson Armament XCR-L Mini
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Robinson Armament XCR-L Mini Login/Join 
posted
Thoughts on the Robinson Armament XCR-L Mini?
I'm wanting a PDW/SBR type rifle and this has what I'm looking for. 10" barrel/folding stock very compact/uses ar-15 mags. Anyone with actual XCR experiences? http://xcr.robarm.com/xcrl.php 2nd rifle down.

Thanks in advance.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an XCR carbine in 5.56 with the 7.62x39 conversion kit.
I sold it 6 years ago when I needed cash. I wish I still had it. I really liked the 45 degree safety lever.
I never had a problem with it. I always used Golden Tiger 7.62x39 when I shot that caliber. GT has a reputation for hard primers and the XCR never failed to set one off.
Getting parts can take a while. I don't know how it is dealing with their customer service these days. When I had mine it was pretty good for me.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Here is my XCR-L. I haven't shot it yet. I was thinking of SBRing this one if I could get a mini upper.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPSquared:
Here is my XCR-L. I haven't shot it yet. I was thinking of SBRing this one if I could get a mini upper.
All you need is to swap out the barrel once you have your tax stamp back from ATF. Maybe a handguard as well

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My youngest son has one of the XCR standard model with 16" barrel. We have had it to the range, nice rifle. He likes it. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by depusm12

All you need is to swap out the barrel once you have your tax stamp back from ATF. Maybe a handguard as well

James

I'll need a new upper receiver since it is one piece. There is no seperate hand guard. I wasn't thinking SBR when I got this rifle, which is the competitive model. I would have gotten the standard model with the shorter receiver if I was thinking SBR. No forward planning on my part in that purchase.....

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post