SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    $75 optic... how could I go wrong?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$75 optic... how could I go wrong? Login/Join 
posted
Went to my favorite LGS today, Greentop to just walk around and peruse, see what's new.

I'm walking past the MSR counter and I see a shopping basket full of cheap optics. So I checked them out and figured it was a easy decision.

Couldn't wait to get home and get it mounted!

I'll take it to the range tomorrow to make sure everything is good to go on it but a Trijicon at that price?! I've seen people talk about getting them used before for $150-$175.

The lens is in great shape conisdering the overall condition, the dot is nice and clear. The trit appears to be pretty dead but I'll check it tonight to be sure but the fiber optic works great.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
nice score

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Definitely a nice score. I'd love to get a quality dot for under $100.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Can you send it back to Trijicon to get the tritium refilled/rebuilt so it works like new again? Tritium gets darker over time, so probably why it was traded in.

Edit: A quick google search shows that they do rebuild them with new tritium but the cost is enormous, like $400 to $600. Eeekkk!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Can you send it back to Trijicon to get the tritium refilled/rebuilt so it works like new again? Tritium gets darker over time, so probably why it was traded in.

Edit: A quick google search shows that they do rebuild them with new tritium but the cost is enormous, like $400 to $600. Eeekkk!!

They warranty the trit for 15 years. I'll have to call and ask them how old they are but I'm not expecting good news.

I'm happy either way. The lens is in good shape and the dot is bright in normal indoor lighting. The trit would just be gravy at that point.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Damn!y

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I bought my RX09 many years ago brand new from C4iGrant for $600, and it has performed amazingly.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I owned one of those a few years ago and I wouldn't worry about the tritium.

I would absolutely snag one if I saw it for $75, but for me they are a daytime only optic.

Good score.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I snagged a REAL trijicon 3x30 at a gun show from a clueless guy who o said it was a "cheap Chinese knock off".

It was a real one, for $90!

You did pretty well I 'd say.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post