SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    You will buy a Colt
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Colt Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
Now I just need a CM762 upper for my Colt 901. They’re like hens teeth.

I'm glad I didn't wait when those CM762 were selling for $1400+/- over the summer! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I considered it for awhile but at that price point I just couldn't say no. I wish I had bought two of them now!

I just got a conversion block from Brownells so I can use a 5.56 upper on it.

Yeah, the best I saw was $1385. I’m kicking myself now. Oh well.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4ftty4:
Yeah, the best I saw was $1385. I’m kicking myself now. Oh well.
I finally went with Classic Firearms and it was $1385 delivered plus $25 at my local FFL.

There were a couple of places for $1325 but then they added in tax and shipping to drive the price up.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first AR was a Colt. I didn't use it much but it ran in a boringly reliable way. When I got into 2 gun competition I started using it more then decided I wanted to build one myself. My favorite build uses Colt parts at it's core; SOCOM barrel, BCG and LPK. Everything anchored by a LMT lower receiver. My goal was simplicity, reliability and durability. Always go with a proven performer.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I think those M4A1 Colts with the pinned 14.5 barrels that sold for $1200 two years ago are going for $3000 these days.

Colts hold their value.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I think those M4A1 Colts with the pinned 14.5 barrels that sold for $1200 two years ago are going for $3000 these days.

I have one of those and my other Colt rifle is a 6940 monolith carbine.
This is my current favorite Colt and I built (assembled) it myself.
Purchased an unbuilt complete Colt lower from Brownell's, installed an SB brace, found a complete Colt 11.5" monolith upper assembly, personalized it with a different grip, charging handle and optic.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I have one of those and my other Colt rifle is a 6940 monolith carbine.
This is my current favorite Colt and I built (assembled) it myself.
Purchased an unbuilt complete Colt lower from Brownell's, installed an SB brace, found a complete Colt 11.5" monolith upper assembly, personalized it with a different grip, charging handle and optic.

[/QUOTE]

Fantastic setup! With that end of the world built optic, that is one hard use, reliable machine right there. Those 6940's are sweet guns.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

There might be a seller or two on Gunbroker listing such Colts for $3000. There might even be a buyer ignorant enough to purchase a Colt at that price. That doesn't mean the market value is truly $3000.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
What Bcg are y’all putting in the colt uppers? Where are you getting them?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone looking for a Colt upper, Brownells has the Colt LE6960 CCU 16" upper on sale for $512, plus you can get 11 or 12% off today, bringing the price down to $450-460 with free shipping.

That gets you a Colt lightweight middie 16" barrel with dual pinned low pro gas block, Centurion Arms 13" MLOK handguard, with a Colt upper receiver. No BCG or CH, but when you compare high quality lightweight barreled free-floated uppers like BCM, DD, Centurion Arms, etc; $450 is a heck of a deal for one of these. My comparable BCM Upper, a 16" ELW mid-length gas barrel with KMR rail, no BCG or CH was $675 and this is pretty much its equal.

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...-lok-prod120469.aspx

Some of the early reviews had assembly issues, but mine is flawless with correct rail installation, etc.

Those reviews are giving me pause.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
What Bcg are y’all putting in the colt uppers? Where are you getting them?
I use a Toolcraft C158 Nitride or Phosphate.

Honestly, Brownells has a forever guarantee, so if you get a bum upper, just send it back. That was my though.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A pic from 2016 of my 2012 production Colt 6920LE. I've made some changes to this rifle since this was taken. The rifle still wears the Blue Force Gear VCAS. I've changed the Magpul MOE grip to an MOE+. I switched the Troy rear sight to a nicer (IMO) Daniel Defense A1.5 rear sight. The Surefire Scout Light head was changed from a 300B to a 300C for higher light output. The ALG QMS trigger has been replaced with a Geissele SSA.

BCM Model 5 charging handle, H2 buffer, AAC Blackout flash hider for my AAC M4-2008 suppressor. LaRue clips cover the exposed section of receiver rail. Magpul furniture. IWC mount for the Scout Light. Lancer magazine loaded with 28 rounds of Federal M193. This rifle stays with me at all times possible, along with a Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed 6 Pack bandolier holding 5 Okay Surefeed phosphate magazines, each loaded with 28 rounds of Federal M193. It's about five feet from me right now.

Nice companion. Do you have a pic as it sits today?

Also, I recall you used to keep a Mini 14 handy. Did this gun replace it as your go to carbine?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well, I was inspired by this thread and my house alarm going off at 4:00 am to set up a dedicated HD go to carbine. I dug out a Colt 6720 with FDE magpul furniture and added an x300 light. I’ll order a DD fixed rear sight. Maybe a T1? Maybe a sling? Not sure. I want to keep it light and simple. I’ll try and post a pic soon.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I was inspired by this thread and my house alarm going off at 4:00 am to set up a dedicated HD go to carbine. I dug out a Colt 6720 with FDE magpul furniture and added an x300 light. I’ll order a DD fixed rear sight. Maybe a T1? Maybe a sling? Not sure. I want to keep it light and simple. I’ll try and post a pic soon.

My usual HD rifle is a BCM SBR with Saker-K and T-2, but after my Saker launched downrange the other week that rifle is sidelined until I can change the MAAD Trifecta muzzle device out for a 51T 2.0 Brakeout.

It was comforting to pull the next rifle on deck, my LE6920 Trooper and put the HD magazine in the well. It's simple, with a Surefire M300 light, Aimpoint H-2 , Magpul Pro rear sight, BCM PNT Trigger, and BFG VCAS sling. It doesn't have a suppressor mount yet but I scored a couple more 51T mounts on Black Friday and it'll be getting one of them.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This Colt 308 Modular Carbine is the one that I have been looking at for a long time. Never had the chance to get one when the price was still reasonable. (I hope it is OK to post this pic as I copied it from another website for reference. Please let me know if the pic is a No-Go so I can delete).

Quick question though on the optional 5.56 upper conversion kit. It shows "14.5" barrel. I know the flash hider is NOT welded and pinned. So, does that makes it an "SBR" upper? Can the flash hider be "welded and pinned" to make it ATF compliant as 16 inch?

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My usual HD rifle is a BCM SBR with Saker-K and T-2, but after my Saker launched downrange the other week that rifle is sidelined until I can change the MAAD Trifecta muzzle device out for a 51T 2.0 Brakeout.

It was comforting to pull the next rifle on deck, my LE6920 Trooper and put the HD magazine in the well. It's simple, with a Surefire M300 light, Aimpoint H-2 , Magpul Pro rear sight, BCM PNT Trigger, and BFG VCAS sling. It doesn't have a suppressor mount yet but I scored a couple more 51T mounts on Black Friday and it'll be getting one of them.

I probably need to use my DD Mk 18 With suppressor in the house. I hate having a 2 stamp gun just sitting around the house though and it’s pretty heavy. Need a gas buster charging handle too.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
Quick question though on the optional 5.56 upper conversion kit. It shows "14.5" barrel. I know the flash hider is NOT welded and pinned. So, does that makes it an "SBR" upper? Can the flash hider be "welded and pinned" to make it ATF compliant as 16 inch?
Yes, it would be an SBR upper and could be pinned and welded - but you'd need to check the OAL to ensure the flash hider it came with would bring it past 16" or if you'd have to find a different, slightly longer one. I know the Colts that are sold as 14.5 pinned have a different muzzle device that is a bit longer typically.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I probably need to use my DD Mk 18 With suppressor in the house. I hate having a 2 stamp gun just sitting around the house though and it’s pretty heavy. Need a gas buster charging handle too.
Mine is a BCM ELW 11.5 which has been great with the shorter Saker-K, other than the MAAD / Trifecta finally failing. Dispatched a number of hogs and some other pests - it was nearby when we had a meth-head couple go on a home invasion rampage a couple years ago as well.

I also picked up a Colt 6933 upper before the craze from Brownells for $399 and I'm setting that up to be an upper on my AR-pistol lower.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Where’s the best deal on a T1/T2 or H1?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.natchezss.com/aimp...unt-39mm-spacer.html

It was a better deal with 10% off, but they have $35 off $300+, which brings it to $552 with 39MM mount.

I got the same H-2 from Natchez for $525 last year, sold the LRP mount for $50 and bought an ADM mount for $70.

I almost bought another over Black Friday when they were 10% off this price, but was able to resist (I already have accumulated a T-2/H-2/Pro/M4S over the years).

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

https://www.natchezss.com/aimp...unt-39mm-spacer.html

Thank you!

It was a better deal with 10% off, but they have $35 off $300+, which brings it to $552 with 39MM mount.

I got the same H-2 from Natchez for $525 last year, sold the LRP mount for $50 and bought an ADM mount for $70.

I almost bought another over Black Friday when they were 10% off this price, but was able to resist (I already have accumulated a T-2/H-2/Pro/M4S over the years).

Thank you! That vortex sparc AR red dot is tempting for $160 instead of $550 for the aimpoint.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer