SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    First range trip in toooo long coming this friday.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First range trip in toooo long coming this friday. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I'll be taking with me the 16" 30.06, and an infrared camera, among other goodies. A friend is coming along, as payment for helping me finish my deck he asked for it in ammo.

So, along with the 30.06, I'll be bringing at least the Colt 9mm AR, Swiss Arms P210, S&W 952, Luger, Mauser, and whatever else strikes my fancy. He's taking a year to go to Italy, and hasn't shot, well, anything.

Should be a fun trip, we'll get that Ruger American dialed in, and hopefully get some nice thermal footage. This is all Iphone based, so if it's a boomer it'll sound shit anyhow.

I've been super busy, adding a child to your life will do that, all the things I'm trying to do, and some speedbumps of the past few years mean I rarely go to the range, it's a bummer.

I will be dragging my son to the range when he's old enough, for both of our sakes.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it should be a great day, post some pics of the guns & fun! Even better brining the little guy along in the future.

My boys always had a love of shooting, fishing, and the outdoors. It really warms your heart to spend time with the kids.

Now that mine are in college, we try to make time to shoot and bird hunt whenever we can fit it in.
Enjoy the day Arc.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a great day, and the 30-06 is as much enjoyment as you have been hoping for.

Where do you shoot in Mass, Arc?

When I lived in Chelmsford, I almost joined the Westford Sportsmen's Club. I believe they have ranges there and are grandfathered in Westford, which is otherwise no discharge within city limits.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hudson. I'd like to join at Harvard because it's got the most distance I've found, but it's far from me. This would be the town, not the college. There's also a club in Southboro that I want to check out.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Have fun and blow off some steam.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Cool. I had a friend who lived in Harvard. It's kind of out there from where you are. I didn't know there was a range in Southborough.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Arc, if you want to check out Hopkinton, zip me an email... they/ we offer a 200 yd range with qualification.

24/7 indoor pistol/ .22 rifle

6 pistol bays

Typical shotgun games

Stocked trout pond

Hunting allowed in club property

And more

Hsasports.com

Just off 495 at exit 21, about 8-10 mins from Southborough r&g

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested. The Southborough club has one of the most complex paths to membership I've ever encountered.

Today in addition to the 30.06 I decided on: VZ-58, Colt 9mm Carbine, P210, 952, and 320c.

Arc.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoyed the range trip!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
yes, it was good. The 16" 30.06 wasn't much louder than a 22", difference is the 16" gives a nice fireball with a variety of ammo.

Arc.