SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX- Which Aimpoint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX- Which Aimpoint Login/Join 
posted
Just got my MPX finally and flipping the aimpoint coin. I have an 8 inch barrel and no suppressor

Question:
Which Aimpoint should I put on my MPX?

Choices:
PRO
Micro T2
Micro H1

Posts: 39 | Registered: March 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are "ever" going to use Night Vision or NODS...... T2. If Not..... H1.

What ever you do..... Aimpoint.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I was guns ho on the full size Comp M4 when I first started out, I can now see the advantages of a smaller optic. So I would go for either Micro.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
RMR

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you can afford it, the H1 is the my choice. Especially on an 8" SBR or pistol w/ brace, which would benefit from a light and low-profile optic.

Otherwise, the PRO is ~80% as good at ~50% the cost. I love my Micros, but the PRO is the best value in red dot optics.

Only get the T2 if you definitely need an optic that's night-vision compatible. (I don't.)

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
RMR

I'll second that though I do like Aimpoint units. On an ADM QD absolute cowitness mount, one of those Cabela's RMR specials has been working great on my MPX. Either way, great choices to sight a MPX. Certainly more tried and true than the MIC Holosun lookalike Romeo4 that I had been using.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
RMR

I'll second that though I do like Aimpoint units. On an ADM QD absolute cowitness mount, one of those Cabela's RMR specials has been working great on my MPX. Either way, great choices to sight a MPX. Certainly more tried and true than the MIC Holosun lookalike Romeo4 that I had been using.

Waiting on Scalarwokrs to release their absolute mount, until then the MI isnt bad.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have clarified, SBR with keymod stock, not pistol.

posted Hide Post
From Larue, bundled with a mount, the difference between an H2 and T2 is about $50. There's no reason to go with the H2 over the T2 when they're that close in price. I wouldn't use a T1 due to the 4MOA dot vs 2 MOA on the T2 at this point.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
From Larue, bundled with a mount, the difference between an H2 and T2 is about $50. There's no reason to go with the H2 over the T2 when they're that close in price.

The OP is talking about the H1, not the H2. The difference in price between the H1 and T2 is more significant. (~$130 from Larue; ~$150 elsewhere.)

quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I wouldn't use a T1 due to the 4MOA dot vs 2 MOA on the T2 at this point.

Both the H1 and T1 are available with a 2 MOA dot.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basically the choice between the Micros and Pro comes down to price vs. size/weight.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaning light with the micros...now down to the difference between H1 and T2

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
RMR

This is what I put on mine.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MRO on ADM absolute co-witness

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I know you specified Aimpoint, and they are a first rate optic. I can totally endorse the Trijicon MRO. It's about $200 cheaper than the Aimpoint and in my experience, just as tough, and with a bigger objective.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andronicus,

Nothing against trijicon, I was just trying to narrow it down.

The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Choosing from your list, and since I do have a PVS14 coming, I'd go T2. Currently, however, I have an RMR on mine, and I've been very happy with it.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nsagnell
posted Hide Post
I have an H1, love it. Never going to use NODS outside my dreams. No need to spend the coin on a T2. Pro is gonna be a bit big for a small 9mm sub gun I think but have no personal experience.

--------------------------------
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Posts: 1774 | Location: Miami | Registered: June 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I had a PRO on my MPX and it is a fine optic for the gun, but I opted for a Trijicon MRO. I voted T-2 here. Go big or go home. Smile

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post