SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rem 700 308 Score
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 308 Score Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I believe this is the MilSpec model
Should be 5r barrel correct?
Looks like the HS precision stock on my Sendero, different profile
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO scope
The pawn shop MAY have not done their research on this one, $535 tax and all out the door

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO

If you like that scope, they ran in the $400-ish range, so yeah, that's a good deal if you need a rifle like that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I own one. I would have still bought that one, at that price.
Good find.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few bolt guns, but no 308s
Figured it would fill the spot for repelling zombies in the 300-600yd range
Heard good stuff about the 5r barrels, we’ll see how she shoots when the heat lets up around here

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my 700 5r's are good shooters.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looks like my 1995-ish Varmint heavy barrel (except mine was blued with a heavy factory finish) which I sold not long ago. Similar to but not quite the same as the PSS. Mine was a very good shooter but I parted ways with it due to the weight and the fact the my Sig SHR970 shot circles around it. I agree it is an HS Precision stock. Great deal; I sold mine sans scope for around $500 IIRC.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If it shoots anything like my 700PSS in .308 Win, you'll be a happy camper Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of those was my first “precision” rifle, I got it in 2010 and had a lot of fun with it, it’s a pretty cool rifle, much nicer than the sps tactical that I bought as a project gun.

The stock is made by HS precision.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Nice grab! Enjoy it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
I believe this is the MilSpec model
Should be 5r barrel correct?
Looks like the HS precision stock on my Sendero, different profile
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO scope
The pawn shop MAY have not done their research on this one, $535 tax and all out the door

Yes, it is the 5R.
I had one exactly like it before I modified it with a n AICS chassis and a bunch other items.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s an amazing deal. If you had to build that rifle it would cost a lot more than that to put it together

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Scope and mounts are worth $535

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post