SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rem 700 308 Score
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 308 Score Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
I believe this is the MilSpec model
Should be 5r barrel correct?
Looks like the HS precision stock on my Sendero, different profile
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO scope
The pawn shop MAY have not done their research on this one, $535 tax and all out the door

Posts: 2427 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO

If you like that scope, they ran in the $400-ish range, so yeah, that's a good deal if you need a rifle like that.

Posts: 42760 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own one. I would have still bought that one, at that price.
Good find.

Bruce

"I cannot spare this man. He fights!"
-Abraham Lincoln

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
-PJ O'Rourke
“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Posts: 3351 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few bolt guns, but no 308s
Figured it would fill the spot for repelling zombies in the 300-600yd range
Heard good stuff about the 5r barrels, we’ll see how she shoots when the heat lets up around here

Posts: 2427 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my 700 5r's are good shooters.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1059 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looks like my 1995-ish Varmint heavy barrel (except mine was blued with a heavy factory finish) which I sold not long ago. Similar to but not quite the same as the PSS. Mine was a very good shooter but I parted ways with it due to the weight and the fact the my Sig SHR970 shot circles around it. I agree it is an HS Precision stock. Great deal; I sold mine sans scope for around $500 IIRC.

I'm very discreet. I have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone, anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing.
Krombopulos Michael

Posts: 10605 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If it shoots anything like my 700PSS in .308 Win, you'll be a happy camper Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 15939 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of those was my first “precision” rifle, I got it in 2010 and had a lot of fun with it, it’s a pretty cool rifle, much nicer than the sps tactical that I bought as a project gun.

The stock is made by HS precision.

Posts: 4905 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Nice grab! Enjoy it.

Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.

Posts: 3225 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
I believe this is the MilSpec model
Should be 5r barrel correct?
Looks like the HS precision stock on my Sendero, different profile
Leupold VX3 4.5-14 AO scope
The pawn shop MAY have not done their research on this one, $535 tax and all out the door

Yes, it is the 5R.
I had one exactly like it before I modified it with a n AICS chassis and a bunch other items.

Posts: 16958 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s an amazing deal. If you had to build that rifle it would cost a lot more than that to put it together

Posts: 3340 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FrankMoses
posted Hide Post
Wow. Scope and mounts are worth $535

--------------------------------------------------
"Please do not send me back to the culture I nostalgically praise; please let me stay in the culture that I ignore or deprecate."

Posts: 983 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post