SIGforum
A.R. rifle with shorther than 16" barrel

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9170003934

March 30, 2018, 03:48 PM
MikeinNC
A.R. rifle with shorther than 16" barrel
This thingy will allow you to fold the stock...it should not be fired while folded.

LAW Adapter

I have one on an AR pistol with a 7.5 barrel.

I also have attached the DOLOS system and can change barrels between 5.56 and 300BLK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZpYGio3dY

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
March 30, 2018, 07:18 PM
bendable
very cool mike , thanks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
April 01, 2018, 02:40 PM
DamageInc
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Personally, I'd stick with 16" barrel...if you're going 14.5", you've got to pin & weld your muzzle device which is going to be a pain if you want to change it or the barrel nut (hand guard) in the future.

If you're going with a folding stock adapter, does 1.5" really matter? Roll Eyes

Also, shorter barrels require a shorter gas tube, which shorten bolt life, and is generally less reliable. Stay with 16" barrel and mid-length gas, if you want to maximize reliability and bolt life.
April 02, 2018, 01:57 PM
Chris Anchor
I run a Spikes upper 14.4" barrel with 1.5" flash suppressor on a RRA lower. The gun has about 8K down the pipe with little or no wear, I run it wet and don't think you are not a target at 300+ yds, you are. Chris
April 04, 2018, 01:30 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
You're in Ill. Can't get an SBR here.
So a 14 1/2" and a pinned on flash suppressor is the only way to go if it's a rifle, and you WANT a sub 16".

Pistols however....
If you do go the pistol route, I'd give a serious look at a brace. (And the laws pertaining to NFA weapons)

I thought IL allowed SBRs?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
April 04, 2018, 04:29 PM
bendable
quote:
Stay with 16" barrel and mid-length gas, if you want to maximize reliability and bolt life.

chances are very good that , thats what will end up happening

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first