SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Recommendations for a 9mm muzzle brake to lessen sound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a 9mm muzzle brake to lessen sound Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted
Greetings all. I'm thinking about acquiring a CZ Evo3 S2, but am weary about the closeness of a four inch barrel when shouldered. So, to lessen noise, without having to go the suppression route, can anyone recommend the best 9mm muzzle brake to dampen sound? If it's comparable to "the flying pig" I'm all in. Thanks.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Muzzle brakes reduce muzzle rise, not report. In fact: They tend to make the report louder for those behind the muzzle, because they reduce rise by directing upward some of the gases that would otherwise go out.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26005 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also find a blast shield to go with the muzzle brake,

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this type of thing.
https://inleadwetrust.com/prod...ash-cone-1-2-28-tpi/

tri lug version
https://inleadwetrust.com/product/tri-lug-flash-cone/

What this does is move the gas forward not up and out like a flash hider. A muzzle break move it backwards or to the sides. In general. Breaks typically will put the sound closer to the ear. A flash hider will direct some of the sound up, a blast shield will direct the gas and sound foward away from the ear.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.ballisticmag.com/2...l-devices-available/

https://www.primaryarms.com/in...rotector-icd-bfd12tp

Edit: And, the Kaw Valley that Artie mentions below. I couldn't remember the name when I posted earlier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've been considering a Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp for my 9mm build.

https://www.kawvalleyprecision...p/kvp-linear-blk.htm

If anyone has feedback, I'd appreciate it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Look at the CZ Scorpion modification thread.
Rhino has the most experience with the shorter barrel Scorpion pistol.
The Evo 3 S2 already comes with the Faux NoOsprey on it.
The Scorpion is a very fun gun. Plenty of aftermarket modifications. I permanently mounted an older 9 mm suppressor after removing the faux suppressor.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a kaw valley on my 10.5 ar and it definately helps kick the sound and pressure away. Should be as good as it gets for a device. My antique SWR trident 9 is of course the best muzzle device.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My wife’s 4” MPX has a flash cone on it like the Flamin Pig. Works great!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Manufacturer?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I own one of those KAK "Flash Cans" on a 40 cal AR Pistol, 8.5" barrel, and was pleasantly surprised at how well they work.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
147 grain 9mm will quiet it down even more.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Manufacturer?

Yep. it's the KAK can SkullLeader also commented on.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post