SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta Silver Pigeon I O/U
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Silver Pigeon I O/U Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I've always had my eye on the Beretta Silver Pigeon I. They were always just a bit outside of what I wanted to pay. Last week I walked into Gander Mountain and they had all guns on sale for 20% off. I have a 12 Ga. auto-loader so I'd been thinking about a 20 ga.

I walk back to the gun counter and there it sat. A Silver Pigeon I in 20 ga. Crap!

20% off, now in my price range. Crap!

I asked to see it.

It followed me home. I adopted it.

After sitting down and really looking at it. Wow, what amazing craftsmanship went into this. I've never seen a lock up that tight on a non-custom O/U.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great gun, right at home in the grouse & woodcock coverts.

My absolute favorite grouse gun is a 'Lightning Feather' 20ga Citori, 26" barrel. I just ended up with Browning, right there with Beretta.

I haven't stopped by Gander lately. I woul rather have them around than not, but business can be tough.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta silver pigeons are beautiful.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Pics?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats, they are excellent shotguns, I love 'em.

My son and I each have a Silver Pigeon I in 12g, and my wife has 20 g. Got all of them from Joel Etchen, lucked out with beautiful wood. It is fun to shoot trap as a family. And they still lock up pretty tight Wink.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Pics?

Yes, I would love to see what one of these looks like. I've never been much of a shotgun shooter, so you guys who do that probably have a mental picture of this gun, if not owning the gun itself. I appreciate fine workmanship, so pics would be appreciated. Show it to us. Smile

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have two....bought a Sporting BFast in 20ga for me and a 28ga baby frame Silver Pigeon I for the wife. She's pretty good with that gun for not having grown up a "shooter" and picking up the sport at almost 50 yrs old.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Having some technical issues but here are some pictures others have taken. They are all very similar. The detail is amazing

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yep...even the base engraving work is stunning. I got to see several $100k+ guns at the gallery in NYC and was in awe.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun that you will enjoy forever .. and it will only be worth more than you paid for it. Beretta customer service is second to none.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my Beretta Silver Pigeon 12 ga. sporting. I quickly forgot about my Browning 325 and sold it after picking up the SP. The Beretta fits me so much better. Excellent shotgun!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2Adefender,

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Color me jealous. I've been wanting one of those for years.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've wanted one for a long time. I love the swing and balance of the smaller framed O/Us. They make most guns on a 12ga frame feel like swinging a heavy club.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I LOVE my Beretta Silver Pigeon 12 ga.....The Beretta fits me so much better. Excellent shotgun!

Same here with my Grade III. The guys I shoot sporting clays with have some fancy Brownings, but there is no way I'd ever trade!

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post