SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I ordered a Harris Bipod direct
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I ordered a Harris Bipod direct Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
So, you can buy a Harris Bipod from a lot of places. But, they don't all have all the options. So I went directly to the source.

It got here so fast, it was before I'd formed the idea to order directly from Harris. I think I have whiplash.

If you want a Harris bipod, just get it right from them. Prices are virtually the same, I did poke about Brownells and elsewhere before going to Harris' website.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
So, you can buy a Harris Bipod from a lot of places. But, they don't all have all the options. So I went directly to the source.

It got here so fast, it was before I'd formed the idea to order directly from Harris. I think I have whiplash.

If you want a Harris bipod, just get it right from them. Prices are virtually the same, I did poke about Brownells and elsewhere before going to Harris' website.

I had to conact directly fore a warranty issue and had the same experience. Had a repalcemnt part in hand 3 days after my call.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It got here so fast, it was before I'd formed the idea to order directly from Harris.

Nice.
Probably preaching to the choir here, be sure to have the locking lever on your bipod. Originally called a Pod-Loc, I think Harris' version is called an S lock.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I put a post up here years ago about the folks at Harris.

When I was about 17 years old, I was standing at a local gas station in the town that I grew up in (population of 650). I was the stereotypical redneck with the 4x4 truck and rifle hanging in the back window. The rifle was a Ruger 77V .22-250 and I had the Harris bipod turned around backwards so it didn't "snag". A gentleman approached me which I was pumping gas and told me that I had the bipod installed backwards. Being a typical teenager, I was less than thrilled about being corrected. I asked him something about how he knew the "right" way, and he smiled and simply answered "because it is my creation". The man was Gerry Harris. Little did I know, that on the outskirts of a small town I grew up in (Barlow, KY) that there was a bunch of white run down buildings that was marked Harris Engineering. Out of these buildings, they absolutely dominated the bipod market. Harris was a great guy, to which I had many interactions with him over the years. He was a great dude.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, they don't all have all the options. So I went directly to the source.

so what all did you get?
cup holder? light bar? p.a. system? compass?

(if it's not classified)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have found this to be true for quite a few vendors, same price or even cheaper. Stetson (cheaper), New Balance (more options), Starline Brass (cheaper), to name a few examples.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
But, they don't all have all the options. So I went directly to the source.

so what all did you get?

(if it's not classified)

Inquiring minds want to know!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
It got here so fast, it was before I'd formed the idea to order directly from Harris.

Nice.
Probably preaching to the choir here, be sure to have the locking lever on your bipod. Originally called a Pod-Loc, I think Harris' version is called an S lock.

Yeah, and I'm not really sure why it's not just standard.

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

so what all did you get?

(if it's not classified)

A small, swivel model with segmented legs. For the .22 project.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Nice.

Not being well versed in bipods (usually use rests), what does the lock do that is needed?
Does it make it easier to take out cant, then trust it?
I cranked the bejeebus out of my tension knob and haven't touched it since.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Not being well versed in bipods (usually use rests), what does the lock do that is needed?
Does it make it easier to take out cant, then trust it?
I cranked the bejeebus out of my tension knob and haven't touched it since.

Yes, the lever lock allows the user more flexibility to keep the gun level in uneven terrain -- to adjust the cant. It's a pretty nice design, locking and unlocking quickly, and with minimal fuss.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I suspected as much but am always ready to listen to those that have more experience. Now, as usual, SF is going to cost me some money. (glad it's only $30!)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post