SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Larue MBT trigger on sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larue MBT trigger on sale Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Theyre 98% of a Geissele for 1/3 of the price.

My sentiments exactly. They are basically a Geissele SSA trigger.

I can tell a difference between my Geissele SSA vs SSA-E triggers, but I can’t between an SSA and a Larue.

I like the SSA better than the SSA-E anyways, because I think the E is too light for most uses. I have E’s on a couple DMR setups, but that’s it. Even then, the SSA or Larue would work great in a DMR too.

I haven’t bought a Geissele trigger since I bought my first Larue trigger about 6 builds ago or so.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My AAC MPW came with the SSA installed from the factory and I like it. I installed the MBT-2S on my other rifle and like it as well. I ordered a couple now to convert the rest of my rifles over.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 3. I have a few Geissele G2S, the ones that are their cheapest and just over $100 when they have their bigger sales. I really like the G2S, but I know it's not as good as my Super SCAR, but better than the ALG ACT, BCM coated trigger, Palmetto coated trigger, and GI stock examples.

This will give me a good number of upgraded triggers so I can spread the good stuff around instead of leaving it in the box because I can't decide which rifle gets the butter.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Got my shipping notification today!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got mine as well. Not expecting Dillo Dust though.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Got mine as well. Not expecting Dillo Dust though.

I got mine a couple weeks ago, no Dillo Dust or Dillo opener either. I didn't know if they included it with every order or just the higher priced stuff. Oh well.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
That's a great deal. Only wish they had a flat one.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Got one on the way, along with the Ambi safety lever. If I like it, I’ll get a few more for some lowers I’m gonna build.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geissele triggers are on sale at PSA this week too. Got an SSP for $50 off.

I still have another lower that could use a trigger upgrade so I’ll have to try the MBT next.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:

I still have another lower that could use a trigger upgrade so I’ll have to try the MBT next.

Maybe get a price war going. I like it!

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
How long did you have to wait for it. Mine is backirdered.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:

Maybe get a price war going. I like it!

Geissele is not going to drop their prices just because the MBT is selling for $10 less until Christmas. There are recurring sales on all Geissele products, but I doubt it has anything to do with what the price of the MBT is on any given day. The MBT was already cheaper than even their G2S trigger.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How long did you have to wait for it. Mine is backirdered.

When I ordered on July 8th it said back ordered as well. It shipped on July 16th.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Never can have too many good triggers, especially at discount pricing.

A buddy of mine has built three or four rifles with the MBT. I've shot at least one of those builds in the past and do remember liking how the trigger action is. I almost ordered one around Christmas last year but then Primary Arms had SSA-Es on sale for $150 and that one had become my go-to. So the choice was made to stock up on the Geissele. Then a bunch of other triggers showed up and I completely forgot--or ignored--the Larue trigger. Maybe it's time to finally order one or two.

I'd since picked up a Timney 2-stage (whose name now escapes me...this 'getting old' thing sucks) after my very positive experience with their 2-stage MPX trigger, which was also the first time I tried a straight bow with an AR-style trigger (I like it). I also got a surprisingly nice Ruger Elite 2-stage trigger for dirt cheap and a Hipertouch 24E for not so dirt-cheap. The 24E is in my Mega 6.5 Creedmoor build and the Ruger is 'awaiting assignment'. Plus I still have two SSA-Es and one SD-E (thanks to shooting yet another friend's SD-E enhanced rifle build) doing the same as the Ruger.

Then lest I forget, I finally received the single-stage ZEV SSR that was owed to me from PWS when I bought my Mk114 rifle nearly 15 months before. A SSA-E has been happily in that rifle so the ZEV has temporarily wound up in my 300BLK carbine while I figure out where I want it to finally rest. I confess that I've been using 2-stage triggers so much in recent years that I hadn't appreciated just how sweet good single-stage triggers are. The ZEV is a good one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped today. I placed the order 2 weeks ago.

I'll probably get a couple more for Christmas presents.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post