SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Handguard question on 10.5" barrel, carbine gas system using A2 sight/gas block
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handguard question on 10.5" barrel, carbine gas system using A2 sight/gas block Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
Is it safe to assume that with this system a 7" handguard should be a perfect fit? The Geissele 7" MK8 or possibly MK4 is the front runner right now. Should this butt right up to or very close to the A2 sight?

I see Troy offers a 7.2" handguard. I'm guessing this would be too long or is this designed to be a tight fit for an A2/carbine gas setup?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, 7" handguard.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I ordered a drop-in 7" for my 10.5"

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that an ALG SCB on your pistol? What's that like on a 10.5 gun?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It's a push to the rear with virtual no muzzle rise.
I have a video, haven't figured out the imbed process.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Nope, still can't get it to load.
Here's a couple of pics.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%