SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX ejection port cover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX ejection port cover Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up an MCX and while giving it the initial cleaning/ lubing I noticed the ejection port cover will not latch closed. Anybody else have this issue with their MCX? Thanks.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both an MCX and MPX. I didnt have that problem with the MCX, but had a hard time getting the ejection port cover on the MPX to latch closed. Ended up dropping some oil onto the detent, then manually ran it through a break-in by muscle-ing it closed, cycling the bolt to pop it open and repeating until I could close it without any more force than my AR.

Posts: 94 | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem on my MCX, but I did have the same issue on my MPX as Moelepo with the post cover being tight to close at first. It’s loosen up after the first couple of range trips.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post