SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    BC and velocity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BC and velocity Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
Thanks for the report, offgrid. I noticed that you did not give the most important datum on the barrel, the twist rate.

Also, I know this is going to expose me to ridicule here and get me banished from Wisconsin for the cheese festival but I'm not a fan of Brux barrels. I'm not saying that's the reason. Just a comment.

At any rate, if the barrel does not like the bullet, then you look for another bullet. I stop at 1000 yards anyway.

On the other hand, I am a huge fan of Kelbly's products.

9 twist.

So, has a Brux barrel out shot you in a match? Big Grin

A little slow, but that's not the problem, methinks.

As for Brux barrels, I'm sure they are fine now. I just have a long memory and I'm a big fan of Krieger barrels.

I've been beaten by all great brands of barrels, and I've beaten all brands of barrels.

Keep in mind our altitude. We do load work up at 5200' on the private range. Magnum match in Raton 6700' another match in Wyoming 7500'-8000'. My home ranges 7700' and 8500'.

Most everyone around me has or is shooting a 6BR. We have a saying when comparing calibers, loads... Is it BR (6BR) accurate? BR easy to tune? It shoots OK, it ain't no BR. My buddies 300PRC with the 225 ELD or 215 Hybrid is BR accurate.

I too been beaten by all the great brand barrels and have beaten them all.

Yeah, you seem to have quite an attitude problem. Oh, wait...

I live at sea level, which makes me a level-headed guy, instead of an air-head. Wink

I'll be on my way to Raton next month for the Nationals. I hope you don't suck up all the oxygen before I get there.

Highest elevation I've been to was Pike's Peak @ 14,100feet ASL. Heck of a drive up and driving down was worse.

Posts: 2977 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a match today where I was able to test the bullets at 1000 yards for 65 rounds. I am very impressed; I shot the bullets paying little attention to the wind and in 65 rounds all day, never shot worse than a 9 (inside 2 MOA at 1000 yards.) I really only aimed at the X or sometimes pulled a little to one side of the 10-ring or the other.

I was not shooting for score or to win so much as to try to see how the wind affected these bullets. The other folks were telling me they were holding a lot further out than I was and a bunch still collected some 8s.

I had some elevation issues but that was due to a total lack of case prep; the cases I was using were all brand-new, never been fired. For the September match, I will be using twice-fired prepped brass.

My large order for the bullets came in on Friday; I'm all set.

Posts: 2977 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post