Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
that is a pretty amazing price!
I assume it was used? if so... how’s the wear?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your good fortune!
The plastic mags are made by thermold. Not great, but they'll work. Hopefully their QC process is better and there will be no need to trim the plastic.

Good enough for range use.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yep, Thermold. I have a couple and they are range use only. Nice score.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes you did very well! Congrats!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal for that weapon, you did well!

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Apparently, the previous owner did not know what weapons maintenance was. IT had rust in many places, including the bolt. Also, I found a few oddities:
First, the lower reciever seems to have had an area where a metallic pin meets plastic milled out of it. You can see it here (near some rust):

Second, the bolt seems to have a small, angled chunk missing from it. Is that part of this weapons bolt design, or is this bolt broken?

The pin in the lower is a vestigial reminder of our stupid import regs. SCARs are imported with a proprietary 10-round mag. The pin protrudes into the mag well and prevents insertion of a full capacity mag. A thumbhole stock is also installed. Upon import, the thumbhole stock is removed, the mag pin/block is milled out, and the necessary US parts are installed for 922(r) compliance.

The scallop in the bolt is normal.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, both are normal.

Here is a pic of how SCAR destined for the civie market arrive from Belgium.

posted Hide Post
quote:
That is an abomination
Lol, it's only for 922(r). They ship those 'stocks' back for the next batch.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Holy crap I would say that's a steal there.

I have never fired or even handled a SCAR 17 but I'm thinking it's something I need to buy. Big Grin

Posts: 13043 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Low $30s is the lowest I've seen them - normal price is $36-39 per mag (10 or 20rd, doesn't seem to matter).

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much do factory 20 round mags usually run? Optics Planet has them for $36, plus 10% off for July 4, and free shipping. Seems like a good deal.

That's in the ballpark for what other places will sell them. I just got a few a couple weeks ago from Midway for $36 each. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks more if it means not having to order from Optic Planet, given their reputation.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best deal I ever saw from a company was MidWest Gun Works selling Belgian Made SCAR 17 20rd mags for $27 / each - these were military contract mags with no commercial packaging, they came bulk packaged. It was a one time deal and I haven't seen anything similar again.

Otherwise mid-$30s is what it is.

posted Hide Post
Oh and it's handy to have one or two 10rds mags around, for shooting off the bench / zeroing.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much do factory 20 round mags usually run? Optics Planet has them for $36, plus 10% off for July 4, and free shipping. Seems like a good deal.

I got all of mine from MGW for around $34-$36 each.

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...-scar/magazines.html

MGW is a well vetted reliable company, I avoid Optics Planet like many others on here. MGW also carries a comprehensive list of factory SCAR replacement parts. They also have an email notification system for when items arrive back in stock.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the price of these things now, you got a great deal. Congrats.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
As mentioned, both are normal.

Here is a pic of how SCAR destined for the civie market arrive from Belgium.

That is an abomination

Agh my eyes!!!

look away!

HK Ag

Posts: 3494 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Holy Mackerel. I didn’t think I would see something uglier that the moon boot folders. This is awful.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get a Handl lower, after your buy 20 Pmags, the lower has paid for itself. I used all new parts int he Handl ower so I still have the complete factory lower as a backup.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
WARPIG,

How do you like that aftermarket stock as compared to the standard stock?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post