SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Good day at the range...I even surprised my self :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good day at the range...I even surprised my self :-) Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I got up late this morning, ate a bite and decided to make a trip to the range. I took the Aero/Ballistic Advantage .223 Wylde build...

Trust me...I've never been a precision shooter...

I was pretty pleased to end up with this group at 200 yards using 55 grain American Eagle ammo...the more rounds I shoot in this barrel, the tighter the groups are becoming...overall, I'm pleased and look forward to working up some hand loads for this rifle...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Nice! Don'tcha just love it when the moon and stars align for a good range day? Way to put 'em in there!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Respectable results for AE55. It's not the most accurate ball ammo, but not the worst either. It's consistent enough that I will use it in carbine comps for the more generously-sized targets out to 100 yards.

I recommend setting an accuracy baseline with factory ammo -- so you know how your handloads compare. Using factory ammo with the same bullet of choice is a place to start. If factory offerings don't exist with your bullet of choice, options should include:
Federal GMM 69
Federal GMM 77
Hornady 55 Vmax
Hornady 68 HPBT match
Hornady 75 HPBT match

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NIIIIICE.

---------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I plan on putting mine on paper soon.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post