SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Initial quick review -- Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Initial quick review -- Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I stopped in at MAC's brick and mortar in Valpo and picked up a new DD A1.5 fixed rear sight.

Initial impressions are very good. This is a high-quality part. It's lightweight and the BUIS locks down very snugly on the rail. I like the simplicity:

- fixed
- small footprint
- all metal
- no large protruding knobs
- simple windage (A1 style) adjustment

I am not using a reflex or dot sight at this point on this particular AR (PSA midlength), so the DD A1.5 is my primary.

One thing I should mention -- and this is true for Colt-pattern carry handle sights as well -- the very slight offset of the large hole in the rear sight aperture is CORRECT. I've seen where some people have complained about this. The small hole in the rear sight aperture is perfectly centered, and since the aperture rides on a threaded shaft, the large hole HAS to be offset to account for the slight left-ward movement when the aperture is flipped.

I'm heading to the indoor range now to do an initial sighting.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I agree, the DD is rock solid, looks good and very robust. I have them on my 300blk pistol as primary sights and I have no complaints at all.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’m sure I would be as happy with either of the Troy fixed models, but the DD does everything I need.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the DD A1.5 on any AR that doesn't have a scope, they're terrific, affordable, and useful.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post