SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Spencer is getting close to finished!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spencer is getting close to finished! Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
A little sneak peek...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very cool, what caliber is it?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Very cool, what caliber is it?

56-56

It's been converted to centerfire with a replacement breech block. These conversions have been around for a while now.

Richard is going to case harden the in the white new part that is CNC machined. It will work fine for BP, but will be poor for wear resistance.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I love watching conversations...before I knew it was a thing a friend tried to sell me a Rimfire paper tape percussion sharps...I didn’t get it because I was not familiar that they could be converted. It was a beautiful specimen. Better than the one I saw at the NRA museum...iirc it was some 44 caliber or maybe a 50 cal....

Also had the opportunity for a rimfire single shot carbine, but I didn’t know Jack about it, so I passed.

EDited for spelling and misremembering two separate guns and convoluting the memories

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post