SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anderson Lowers at Primary Arms on sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anderson Lowers at Primary Arms on sale Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
On sale for $29.99 today only, 10-7. Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Saw that. Buy cheap, stack deep for sure. I'm good. Wink

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that. I’ve bought my last Anderson anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I saw that. If I didn't have 5 lowers waiting to be built, I'd jump on this.

I built 2 Anderson Lowers this year, fired them today during a nice range session. No issues. One is a 10.5" pistol and the other a 16" barrel. Uppers are PSA.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I have seven Anderson lowers with various uppers. All work properly and have no issues. I know they're not tier one stuff, but not everyone can afford to (or want to) pay $100 plus for a lower when a $30 one will work just as well.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed the sell or I'd have bought a couple just to put up. I've used a number of Anderson lowers over the years and had zero problems, but have heard others say they have.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe anyone seriously needs any more lowers after the last 18 months of plenty.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I find it hard to believe anyone seriously needs any more lowers after the last 18 months of plenty.

I agree. There hasn't been a general public buying panic in awhile. I suspect inventory isn't moving very well for much of the firearms industry. Just look at what's occurring with ammo prices. When manufacturers and distributors have money tied up in inventory that isn't moving, sales and promotions are almost certain, so the companies can keep cash flowing.

I get that someone without an AR-15 probably should grab a lower. Although first time buyers might be better served with an assembled carbine/rifle. But at some point stacking up lowers just doesn't make sense to me. Quality lowers won't wear out (I hope not!), and most of us don't run over rifles/lowers with trucks.

So often I see & hear shooters complaining that they struggle to complete the build(s) they have in the works. Components just cost too much. How can I get a cheaper barrel. Prices for a good trigger are nuts. Rails are expensive. There's no way I'm paying $xxxx for that optic. Then 3 months later the same person is struggling yet again to build out yet another lower as cheaply as possible, except that this time the new rifle is expected to hit a gnat in the ass at 800 yards.

IMO saving $60 on a couple of lowers doesn't mean much if another $1,000 is required to make them complete rifles, only to languish in the back of a safe.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post