SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Mossberg youth models - auto 28 gauge!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mossberg youth models - auto 28 gauge! Login/Join 
posted
Heck I'd like one of the 28's with a full size stock.

http://www.mossberg.com/mossbe...chpKw&_hsmi=60099179

Start your young shooter with the proper equipment: a shotgun that fits and offers less recoil; now available with the expanded line of Mossberg International SA-28 and SA-20 Bantam (Youth) semi-auto shotguns. The shorter LOP (12.5 inches) and exceptional balance and easy-handling characteristics of these soft-shooting autoloaders make them perfectly-suited for smaller-statured individuals, young and old alike. With optional walnut and synthetic versions and 24-inch barrel lengths, these SA-28 and SA-20 Bantam shotguns are ideal for wingshooting as well as competitive and recreational shooting.

The well-designed gas operating system of the SA-28/SA-20 vents excess gases, reducing recoil for the shooter and lessening stress on components for smooth, reliable operation. Both gauges offer five-round total capacity and are housed in a classically-styled, high gloss-finished walnut stock and forend or durable black synthetic stock and forend. Complementing the wood finish is a polished blue finish on exposed metalwork, while the synthetic versions have matte blue metal finishes. The 24-inch, vent rib barrels have a front bead sight and feature an interchangeable choke tube system. Each version of the SA-28/SA-20 Bantam comes equipped with a Sport Set of choke tubes (Full, Improved Modified, Modified, Improved Cylinder and Cylinder) for greater versatility. Other standard features include a handy cross-bolt safety and easy-load elevator.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this. I have a Beretta Ultra Light in 28ga (5.5lb's). But those are too expensive for an entry level 28ga.

Shells for 28ga are still expensive to buy. I reload mine and have for years. My 12ga guns don't get much use anymore since I discovered the 28ga.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
28 ga is a lot of fun to shoot. Sure, a little spendy, but lots of fun.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post