SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig716G2 DMR FDE Ordered 5 Months Ago & Still Waiting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig716G2 DMR FDE Ordered 5 Months Ago & Still Waiting Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
I need feedback from the group. I ordered a Sig716G2 DMR FDE back in August from an Elite Sig Dealer, Quantico Tactical. I have been waiting since that time and was told again today that it is still on backorder. The person that I spoke with said that I ordered a "Mil Spec" version of the rifle compared to the "commercial" version and that may be the reason for the wait. I was not aware that there are two versions of that weapon.

Is this a normal amount of time to wait for a new version of their 716? I know that they are probably going through growth issues regarding the recent Army contract, etc., but this seems to be an inordinate amount of time to be waiting.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure hes full of shit. Could be wrong but Im only sseing one FDE DMR. Im ot an "Elite" dealer becase the cost to play has gotten outrageous.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
PS, when it comes to Sig......no amount of wait time seems to be unreasonable anymore. HArd to say if the shortcoming is on Sig or your dealer. Id ask your dealer what the difference is between the 2.

If you get tired of waiting, I can get you this model in 2 days: R716G2-H16B-DMR-FDE

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
When they first announced the SIG 716 DMR at one of the SHOT Shows a few years back, I immediately placed my order. I waited TWO YEARS and it never came in. I finally cancelled the order and bought a SCAR 17 from one of our friendly dealers here on the forum. Glad I did, the SCAR is a nice shooting rifle and a lot lighter than the Gen 1 DMRs were.

My buddy who ordered his DMR when I did eventually got one, and still has it.

YMMV, of course, but my experience waiting on SIG was not good.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a long time to me.

A quick search show various dealers with them in stock.

I would cancel my order with said Elite dealer and get one sooner............. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw a SIG 716 DMR in FDE yesterday at my local gunshop, price was north of 2 grand so I passed, great looking rifle tho.

Posts: 1624 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everybody's response. I'm still investigating and will follow up with thread once I have additional information.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did you a favor.

Cancel that order and order it (likely cheaper) somewhere else.

Or take another look at the current .308 market and see that there are many options that have big pluses over the 716 (lighter, non-proprietary parts, etc.).

PS - I have two 716's, so it's not that I'm against them. But the market is much, much different than it was both in terms of pricing and offerings than it was when I chose them.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
I made contact with John Brasseur, Director of Product Management, today. He confirmed that they are building several 716's and I should have an update from Quantico Tactical in the next few weeks.

I'll post an update once I have the weapon and have had an opportunity to take it downrange.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I would cancel and buy from someone else (warpig)

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I was at a shop here in the DFW area yesterday that had the same 716 your looking for I believe. They are a master Sig dealer. Place is called K5 Arms Exchange in Trophy Club, TX.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Lol. Who knows. I ordered a 10" 5.56 upper six years ago. I think SIG forgot and the dealer forgot. I gave up on it and everytime I go to the store I hope no one remembers.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I would cancel and buy from someone else (warpig)

Cool

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHLP290:
I made contact with John Brasseur, Director of Product Management, today. He confirmed that they are building several 716's and I should have an update from Quantico Tactical in the next few weeks.

I'll post an update once I have the weapon and have had an opportunity to take it downrange.

Did he confirm that were, in fact, G14 Classified 716s as well as the standard model? Or that they were simply doing a production run of 716's right now?

Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
He did not tell me details regarding which versions are going into a production run. I did confirm with the Sig Sauer Dealer Representative on Friday that the weapon I purchased for $2,285 is the First Responder version.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Well at least you got a good price on it, that's 500 below MAP. I assume the First Respnder version is similar tot he Individual Officer Program? If thats the case, that would expalin the wait. FN is alos notoriously slow in getting the LE guns out.