SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FNC - Fixed vs. Folding Stocks ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FNC - Fixed vs. Folding Stocks ? Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
Was wondering, are the stocks for the FNC configurable? Will the receiver allow you to swap from either a fixed and folding stock to the other?
Never had an FNC but I see the stocks for sale in various places and always wondered.

Thanks for insight. Be good to see any SigForum FNC's photos.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Love them or hate them,not your gun type but the ak underfolder I still have sucks and besides that it damn well hurt to shoot,lives in back with guns that don't get shot
Had a fn shotgun with that crap on it ,it really hurt and got replaced with a real stock.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
To answer the OPs original question, YES the FNC fixed stock and folding stocks are directly interchangeable. Unlike the FAL, the FNC does not require a tail on the BCG which protrudes into the fixed stock.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As belgianblue said, yes they are interchangeable. If you have a fixed stock and are hunting for a folder, they are usually challenging to find and when found they are expensive. Stormwerks made (may still make) and adapter to use the ACE folding stock.

I think the current best option is to use an adapter for the ACR stock. There is a guy on fnctalk who makes them in small batches. And Todd at TBA Suppressors also makes an ACR adapter.

quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Love them or hate them,not your gun type but the ak underfolder I still have sucks and besides that it damn well hurt to shoot,lives in back with guns that don't get shot
Had a fn shotgun with that crap on it ,it really hurt and got replaced with a real stock.

What?

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thanks Belgian, Josh.

I have a FAL but have never owned an FNC. One day..., so I was wondering if it made sense to pick up parts like the stock, thus my question.

Appreciate the education.

FNC is the sub page over on UZITalk correct?

you guys rock.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Thanks Belgian, Josh.

I have a FAL but have never owned an FNC. One day..., so I was wondering if it made sense to pick up parts like the stock, thus my question.

Appreciate the education.

FNC is the sub page over on UZITalk correct?

you guys rock.

HK Ag

Happy to help. Yes, but www.fnctalk.com will take you there as well.

"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigKev
posted Hide Post
As a previous owner of a full auto FNC with the folding stock, I will add that it was very comfortable. Never felt like I needed the fixed stock even after extended shooting sessions. And like the rest of the gun, the folding stock is overbuilt and very sturdy.

Kevin

Posts: 1075 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigKev:
As a previous owner of a full auto FNC with the folding stock, I will add that it was very comfortable. Never felt like I needed the fixed stock even after extended shooting sessions. And like the rest of the gun, the folding stock is overbuilt and very sturdy.

My FNC is also a select-fire conversion with S&H sear. Your experience mirrors mine. The folding stock is very comfortable.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
My FNC is also a select-fire conversion with S&H sear. Your experience mirrors mine. The folding stock is very comfortable.
I have wanted an FNC since I was in high school and it was featured in a gun rag (and that is all we had available, way back then).

I wish I had figured it out (how to buy NFA) 15 years ago and bought a FA FNC, but since I didn't, my semiauto SCAR 16 & 17 have to give me my para type FN fix.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat wishing I had bought a FNC long ago. Scar 17 will have to do. I got the bug even harder after "Heat" hit the big screen.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I really like the FNCs and there are still folks like Storm Werkz and TBA Suppressors making useful parts and knowledgeable about modifications for/to them.

From an aesthetics perspective I much prefer the folding stock. I have played with the Ace stocks with the stormwerkz adapter and it works very well. The folding mechanism is not quite as beefy as the factory option but it works well. The ACR stock forces you to put an optics rail on the rifle and an optic as it is too high to allow use of the iron sights.

The weapon is a soft shooter and shooting with the folding stock is no different than shooting with the fixed stock model.

They are surprisingly accurate and though it may be a sin, they devour steel cased ammo with abandon.

Here are a couple of configurations:

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryrifle:
I really like the FNCs and there are still folks like Storm Werkz and TBA Suppressors making useful parts and knowledgeable about modifications for/to them.

From an aesthetics perspective I much prefer the folding stock. I have played with the Ace stocks with the stormwerkz adapter and it works very well. The folding mechanism is not quite as beefy as the factory option but it works well. The ACR stock forces you to put an optics rail on the rifle and an optic as it is too high to allow use of the iron sights.

The weapon is a soft shooter and shooting with the folding stock is no different than shooting with the fixed stock model.

They are surprisingly accurate and though it may be a sin, they devour steel cased ammo with abandon.

Here are a couple of configurations:

Henryrifle

Nice rifles! I love my FNC on 3 round burst and fullauto. It is so smooth. I've toyed with adding a ACR stock to mine, but I am set on finding a AK5c/d stock. I picked up a Swedish AK5c handguard and gasblock. Have a spare Green Mountain barrel. Will get converted to a AK5c once I find the stock. I also picked up the parts for the SCAR16 bolt hold open and will see if the smith can add this to my FNC lower. The big question is whether I delete the 3rb function and remark the lower to make an accurate AK5c clone.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I can finally join the club and concur on all points here between fixed, Para and ACR stocks.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

SWEEEET!!!!

Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I've never fired an FNC with the fixed stock, but I love the folder on my S&H conversion. Its over built and very comfortable when firing.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a spare FNC folding stock and an AK5 stock so nice to be able to swap over if I want.

posted Hide Post
PGT, very nice.....two FNCs! Which AK5 stock do you have, the A or the C/D? You need a S&H sear for one of those.

posted Hide Post
When I was in high school a gun rag had a big article on the FNC. It was a weapon I lusted after for a long long time.

I shoulda made the investment 10 years ago in a F/A FNC.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
PGT, very nice.....two FNCs! Which AK5 stock do you have, the A or the C/D? You need a S&H sear for one of those.

Sear is in the fixed stock one in that pic. I actually have three FNC's. The Para, the fixed w/ sear and a third with ACR stock.

The AK5 stock has the plastic cheek weld on it....its a B or C as I recall.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post