SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    First range day with Lothar-Walther heavy barreled M14 (Sub-MOA on day one)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First range day with Lothar-Walther heavy barreled M14 (Sub-MOA on day one) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I did a 20-round break in today and fired two 5-shot groups at 100 yards with some 175 grain FGMM. I was going to stop after the first sub-MOA group (0.810"/0.773 MOA) but I just had to try again and produced a sub 1/2 MOA (0.522"/0.498 MOA) group!

I had no failures at all. I used a Bassett low mount and my Leupold MK4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 scope. I am impressed!

I'll call that a very successful first range day! Round count=30.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 3382 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Cool

Posts: 6337 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
WOW.

Dig the custom cheek riser too!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 2042 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

After reviewing my records, this is officially the smallest group I've ever shot with an M14-type rifle that I've personally built. My previous record was 0.574 MOA at 200 yards with my M25 in the same chassis with the same scope with a Criterion 5R SS barrel.

I have only shot one group smaller with someone else's LRB M25/JAE-100 with a heavy Kreiger barrel. That group was 0.433" at 100 yards.

Hat's off to Lothar-Walther! Now I need to do some serious hand-loading to see what she really likes. I haven't even optimized the tuning on the JAE chassis.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 3382 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post