SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Zero: .223 Rem 55 gr vs 5.56 64 gr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero: .223 Rem 55 gr vs 5.56 64 gr Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Normally I would agree with you, and you are of course absolutely correct that short range zeroes and long range targets are a recipe for bad things to happen. The difference, though, is that patrol rifles are intended to be used at shorter ranges. If I must hit a small target at 25 yards, I’d prefer that my rifle had a positive zero at 50 yards rather than 200 yards. Your point is valid, and under-recognized even by people who should know better, but it works both ways

I was considering this several days ago. With a 2.75" site offset and my chosen ammo (Hornady 75gr match) for a 100yd zero, I need -1.6" below POA @ a 25 yard zero. While I've grown accustomed to hold over @ close range, for a defensive rifle I'm thinking about changing my setup for a more CQB focus.

I think the 50yd zero is the best compromise for most.

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post