SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Chiappa LA322?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chiappa LA322? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
Does anyone have a Chiappa LA322? I picked one up today at my LGS thinking it was a Marlin 39a. It looks identical. I don't really know anything about it, but it felt right. I would have taken a chance on it, but some jackwagon had stolen the magazine tube follower. They thought it was in the box; however, it wasn't.

Does anyone have one or know about them?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't help with any experience of Chiappa products, but if they load the same as a 39a then I find the Spee-D loader to be the cat's meow -

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...015314374?pid=511932

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
This post got me intrigued. I've been looking for a .22 lever gun for a while, don't like the Henry's, and Marlins are too expensive and hard to come by. The LA322 standard carbine looks exactly like what I'm after...and I'd never heard of it before.

Unfortunately the few reviews I found by looking around the web are not good. Cheap receiver finish, loose fit of the action due to the takedown feature, and worst of all bulged or ruptured cases.

I'd love to like this gun, and like I said I have no personal experience with it, so hopefully somebody who actually owns one comes along and provides some feedback that's better than what I found. I'd probably buy one if I could be confident it would be reliable.

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chiappa

I'd like to add a level action Chiappa rifle to go with my Chiappa SA .22 ten shots revolver. 6.5" barrel.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
quote:
Chiappa

I'd like to add a level action Chiappa rifle to go with my Chiappa SA .22 ten shots revolver. 6.5" barrel.

Careful or you'll be shooting Cowboy Action Shooting in no time!
I just got a call from the gun store. They reached out to Chiappa and have a new magazine follower coming. I'll post pictures and a review when it comes in.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the pictures Rolan Kraps.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I think Rolan must print his own gun money.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I think Rolan must print his own gun money.

Nah, but I just buy and sell a lot.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer