SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Greek M2 Ball demand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greek M2 Ball demand Login/Join 
posted
I need to get another safe. So, I have to sell something. I haven't shot my M1 in years. I'd never sell it, of course, but I have a lot of the Greek HXP CMP ammo. Is this desirable for sale? I saw what the CMP is currently selling it for and it's a lot more than I paid for it.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure your question. As I understand it CMP can hardly keep the stuff in stock. So I'd vote at that price you will have no trouble selling, reminding you about the shipping parity.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
For those too lazy to qualify with the CMP you get a bit above market. Shipping is a killerthough.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
For those too lazy to qualify with the CMP you get a bit above market. Shipping is a killerthough (for the buyer).

FIFY

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I wouldn't ship it. FTF deal only. I shipped a 280 round can 6 years ago and it was a nightmare. Can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
The Greek stuff is mostly used by folks too lazy to reload and too cheap to buy the good stuff for the matches, but it is popular at the local club matches. I'd imagine you could sell it fairly quickly if you turned up at an nra high power match on a Saturday or Sunday morning

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Oh, I wouldn't ship it. FTF deal only. I shipped a 280 round can 6 years ago and it was a nightmare. Can't imagine it's gotten any better.

ups.com
create an account,
print your own label
put the can inside a box, (or just wrap it in cardboard)
put the 'limited quantity) sticker or just print on off the web and tape it on the package

drop off at a hub, or catch a UPS man on the street

easy peasy

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It cost me in excess of $20 to ship 100 rounds of 30-06 ball to a friend in Houston via the UPS hub. There is a Fedex hub within a mile of me and they refused to ship the box as soon as I mentioned ammunition even though I put a blue ORMD sticker on same. I had to swear on my Mother's life at UPS that it did not contain 50cal ammo. They both will happily ship 1000 round cases from a recognized vendor, AIM, etc. for the same amount, but won't do the same for us un-washed few. That sucks big time.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blasto:
It cost me in excess of $20 to ship 100 rounds of 30-06 ball to a friend in Houston via the UPS hub. There is a Fedex hub within a mile of me and they refused to ship the box as soon as I mentioned ammunition even though I put a blue ORMD sticker on same. I had to swear on my Mother's life at UPS that it did not contain 50cal ammo. They both will happily ship 1000 round cases from a recognized vendor, AIM, etc. for the same amount, but won't do the same for us un-washed few. That sucks big time.

one of the local UPS stores (company branded store) refused to ship anything ORM-D or 'Limited Quantity' for me once,

even when I pointed to the stack of ammo that was right behind him,

he said that he could not control what was shipped into his store, but would follow policy (his own policy, not UPS) about what he shipped out,

never went back to his store,

years later there was a UPS store next to where I worked, and we occasionally had to ship stuff out UPS, prepaid label, UPS packaging,
guy that ran that place was just as big a dick about what we were shipping (nothing ORM-D)

I think in order to get a franchise or open a UPS store you have to be a prick...

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take it to a gun show and price it $20 more than what CMP is selling it for. You will sell it in about 10 minutes.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carrying around 480 rounds of M2 ball is going to suck, but you're right Fundman, that will work. Massive famer's walk workout!

Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Leave it at Gun Toters. I'll write you a check for it. John F.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen you in a while Citadel. Glad you didn't view my sh*t performance at last month's USPSA match. It was embarrassing.

posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 1K case of Wolf Gold .223 ammo from AIM for $17 and some change s&h. It just re-enforces my claim that not all parties are treated equally. Granted AIM ships a greater quantity in a day than I do in a year, but sometime the small guy should catch a break, IMHO.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post