SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kriss Defiance 22lr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kriss Defiance 22lr Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was checking the muzzle brake this morning, i found a few half moon lead slivers. Either the crown or the muzzle brake is shaving lead. I heard back from kriss this morning. Their master gunsmith said the crown or muzzle brake is probably causing the accuracy issues. They have sent me the process for rma'ing the rifle to have the accuracy issues fixed. They said, that i should see 1" or less at this distance. So off it goes.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
That will definitely do it!

It's a shame about the QC issues but at least it sounds like they're handling the problem well.

Which size 10/22 barrels does it take? Skinny ones only or will it take a .920" bull barrel?

I am so tempted to order one plus a 16" Kidd threaded barrel and a Geissele trigger.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try and look at that tomorrow. I will say that on kriss's website the limitations on barrels is only about the type of chamber, not its dimensions.

If i can get this sub 1 inch for 10 rounds at 50yds or more. I dont know that i will change the barrels. I may do a trigger though.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it, I'll figure it out. I expect it would work with either, the barrel tenon is the same regardless of barrel diameter and it looks like there is a lot of room under the handguard.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are sending me a sticker to send it back. Just as my 4 black dog mags arrived today... Hmm

http://riflebarrels.com/shop/d...n-barrels/1022-lr-2/

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hadn't looked at Lilja 10/22 barrels. Spendy!

Kidd barrels are half that and I was very happy with mine - in my 10/22 not noticably less accurate that my Lilja barreled Sako Quad or my and my friend's Anschutz rifles. They use Lothar-Walther blanks.

Admittedly none of them are set up like benchrest guns and we weren't shooting the absolute best possible ammo. But we were getting 1-1.25" at 100 yards with all of them. (The same friend also has a similarly accurate 10/22 with a Kidd barrel.)

posted Hide Post
So, i sent the rifle in.

On april 19th they emailed me. They said the tech had finished the repairs and needed to test shoot it.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had not recieved any word, back. I emailed them and asked for an update.

They responded that after the test fire the tech took the rifle back to the bench for more work....

I am betting that they looked at and it all checked out. Then they test shot it and it was all out of wack. Throwing lead everywhere.

So, still waiting.

Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Looks really nice.

I'm not sure if it's worth 2x the price of a M&P 15-22, though...

Gunbroker Kriss DMK22 $583
Gunbroker S&W 15-22 Sport $350; target $609

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
<SNIP>
I am betting that they looked at and it all checked out. Then they test shot it and it was all out of wack. Throwing lead everywhere.

So, still waiting.

Good to know that they actually test fired it to see if the complaint was corrected, as opposed to assuming it was "fixed", throwing it in a box and shipping it back.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is back. Here is what was done. I am betting these groups were done with the flip up sights. I will put on a scope and give it a test later this week.

posted Hide Post
I could barely wait. I ran 375 rounds through it in the last bit.

I have 5 mags, 4 of the 25 and the factory 15.

I had two of the 25rnds loaded with remington golden bullets, the rest were loaded with remingtons bulk pack 40grn lead round nose.

Well the golden bullets do not seat well in the chamber. Some do, 80% don't. I used the forward assist on those 80%. No problems extracting them once fired, just they would hang up going in at the 1/3rd of the way in. nearly with out fail.

The other remington bulk pack lead round nose had a few, and most of what i shot were these. All but 50 rounds were these. I might have had 10 rounds fail to feed.

The chamber is tight as hell compared to the previous barrel which fed the remington golden bullet just fine. This is not a big issue for me as the golden bullet is not one of my go to cartridges.

I put on my sig romeo red dot, torqued it down to 20inch pounds and went out at 25 yds. It was 2 inches to the right at 25yds. A quick adjustment and away I went.

Here is my range at 25yds for those that had not seen my range post.

All in all it works well. I am going to drop one of my hawke 6-24 scopes on it and sight it in sometime this week. I will post some groups then.

posted Hide Post
So i set up my bench at 50 yds. I put on my 10x swfa scope. I shot 5 kinds of ammo, norma, Aquilla standard, remington thunderbolt, geco standard, sk plus.

I shot 25 round groups. Most of the 25 round goups were just over 1" at 50 yds. The biggest issue was wind. That did open them up a bit.

I did not clean the rifle from yesterday. So add another 500 rounds to the total. It certainly needs cleaning now. It was getting a bit sticky with the thunderbolt ammo.

It fed almost everything. There were a few failures to feed and eject. Again, it was super gooey and messy with total of 700 rounds or so down the pipe. It is certainly breaking in. I am going to polish the chamber a bit with bore paste and lapp the barrel a few time to see if the groups shrink up a bit.

posted Hide Post
third day of shooting since it was returned.

I put my romeo red dot on it. sighted it in at 66 yds. I ran 300 rounds of remington thunderbolt through it with 1 failure to feed, 3 times, Same round, just with a kink in the bullet to shell. It finally fed and ejected.

that brings the grand total to 1k, with out cleaning and the reliability keeps climing.

posted Hide Post
Necrothread update.

Broke the bolt hold open.

I was cleaning the gun with a nylon brush. I moved the paddle with my thumb and fore finger and it lifted riaght off. 0 abuse. Just a bad casting i think.

posted Hide Post
I have been fighting a constant issue of the rifle not chambering standard velocity ammo that has a waxed covering.
It would hit the feed ramp block, half on half off. It would split the nose almost dead center.

I took a diamond file and created a smoother feed ramp to the chamber. What was a failure ever 3-4 rounds of good standard vel ammo is now a failure every 50 to 60 rounds.