SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta CX4 Storm Caliber Conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta CX4 Storm Caliber Conversion Login/Join 
posted
Is it possible to convert a CX4 in .40 to a 9mm with a barrel swap? Cost prohibitive? Has anyone done it and, if so, how well did it work? Any info from our CX4 fans?

Posts: 104 | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure you’d need a new bolt too.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I know the 9mm gets more attention today. I did do the Sierra-Papa trigger upgrade.

Mine’s in 40 too.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did do the Sierra-Papa trigger upgrade.

I wasn't aware until recently they were defunct - presumably the trigger kits are available elsewhere, though I haven't looked.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I really need to do more testing/shooting with my CX4. I like the feel, handling & lightness. The 40 should be more of a powerhouse(10mm) with the longer barrel.

Like many guns/rifles the trigger is a weak point, for many anyway. Lots of web info on the Sierra-Papa upgrade. I think I added a guide rod or something else from them too.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Sierra Papa is still in business. Link: http://sierrapapacx4.com/

I have .40 Cx4 Storm too. The trigger, while not great, is passable. I do have a matching Beretta 96 Brigadier Elite II to go with it too. A pretty good combination IMO.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that's strange - I tried that address several times recently and never could reach it.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Mine is in .40 as well and it does well in the CX4 in my opinion. Yeah, the trigger isn't great but is consistent. One hole or cloverleaf groups from sandbags are common at 50 yards. I wouldn't want to change calibers because it does what I wanted it for in the first place.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the main thing driving my desire to switch is it's my only gun left in .40. I never really got into the platform the way I thought I would. Also, one of these days when I can get things set up again, I'd like to get back into reloading and would rather pare down the different calibers to load for. As it is, it's never been fired. I was hoping a barrel/bolt swap might be an option if it was reasonable. If not, maybe swap it for a 9mm, or sell it and buy another. However, it's not a bad thing if I end up keeping it as is.

posted Hide Post
Its really really hard to think of a gun where a caliber swap ends up being better than sell the one you got and buy the one you want. There are a few, but not many.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TLCElder:
Is it possible to convert a CX4 in .40 to a 9mm with a barrel swap? Cost prohibitive? Has anyone done it and, if so, how well did it work? Any info from our CX4 fans?

Its like turning your 2 wheel drive truck into a 4 wheel drive truck. Yeah, it can probably be done, but would have been better off selling what you have, and buying what you want.

Try to see if anyone wants a trade on the local gun boards. .40 isn't all that popular these days, so if no one wants to trade, just sell it and buy what you want.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its really really hard to think of a gun where a caliber swap ends up being better than sell the one you got and buy the one you want.

quote:
Yeah, it can probably be done, but would have been better off selling what you have, and buying what you want.

Thanks for the perspectives - that's the impression I'm getting. Taking a quick look at prices, they seem to have gone up considerably, presumably as part of the general price increase of everything lately. I'll keep looking. Thanks again for the advice.

Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wondered about rechambering a 9mm barrel to .357 SIG and fitting It to a .40 rifle.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post