SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tortort Manufacturing - Milled Galil receivers - Are they any good to buy from?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tortort Manufacturing - Milled Galil receivers - Are they any good to buy from? Login/Join 
posted
Have the itch for a Galil rifle and have noticed a lot of parts kits available lately. So the thought of building one took the short trip running through my head. They have 100% milled receivers and seem to be the only game in town so far that I have found as a source. Have not looked very hard though. So I have turned to the forum for any wisdom you can impart on me. Thanks for any constructive insight anyone can give. Just kicking tires for now, but....

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't know myself, but apparently Tenngalil likes them.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Don't know myself, but apparently Tenngalil likes them.

Thanks, after digging deeper the name Jeff Miller kept coming up and Tenngalil looks to be his screen name. Will have to drop him a email and see what his company has to offer. May have him build it for me.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Jeff will only build on TortTort or CNC Warrior as I recall. TortTort is cheaper....both do fine. I got a CNC Warrior as it was the only thing available at the time that was known to be good.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Jeff will only build on TortTort or CNC Warrior as I recall. TortTort is cheaper....both do fine. I got a CNC Warrior as it was the only thing available at the time that was known to be good.

Thanks for the heads up. Starting to get a little giddy about this. I remember as a kid the Galil with the wood was just something to behold. Looked like it meant business, but would conduct the business with class. Kind of a grail gun I guess for me.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Same. I handled a pre-ban Galil yesterday at the gun show but it had plastic on it; like kissing your sister. My parts kit has a really nice piece of wood with it. I need to get it sent off to be built.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not build it yourself?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know 'AK' derived rifles are supposed to be inaccurate, but this particular intonation is not one of them.

Only the cheap, shitty ones. A buddy had a Galil back in the early 90's, and it was outstanding. I owned a wooden stocked Valmet M76 that was very accurate (wish I had never parted with that one in about 1996).

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
I know 'AK' derived rifles are supposed to be inaccurate, but this particular intonation is not one of them.

Only the cheap, shitty ones. A buddy had a Galil back in the early 90's, and it was outstanding. I owned a wooden stocked Valmet M76 that was very accurate (wish I had never parted with that one in about 1996).

Valmet's were always considered the best, with Galil being the close second,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post