SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg Shockwave - Comments
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg Shockwave - Comments Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The above statement is incorrect. The shockwave has a regular, non-rifled shotgun barrel. This article explains it better than I can.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...sberg-590-shockwave/

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
When I get to Texas next week, the Shockwave will be one of the first items to get, now that the legislature OK'ed it in Sept. I will get it in 20 gauge, Federal makes a nice #3 buckshot round. The 1/3 pound weight savings over the 12 gauge version will be nice for me and the wife. Will be used for HD.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
A modern whippet or Howdah pistol with a good price.....I will get one just not sure on 12ga or 20ga.

A 20ga 300gr slug at 1150fps (quick internet search...may be off a bit) is good medicine for both 2 and 4 legged critters and in an arguably more controllable package than my M29 MG....albieit in a harder to pack platform.

And with 3 or 4 shot would an interesting social determent tool kept in a pack in the truck maybe with a few cluster flare rounds.

Hmmm..yup I think it is.in my top 5 for 2018

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
significantly overall shorter length

I believe only 1/4" shorter than the 20ga pistol grip model.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post