SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Surplus Bug Bit AGAIN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surplus Bug Bit AGAIN Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I ordered a M91 Carcano Calvary Carbine. I got pretty lucky as it's in great shape with a really bright bore and also lucked up with a 42-XX anniversary.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Always had a sweet spot for those and the frog sticker bayonet. Do you plan on shooting it some?

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Very nice. Always had a sweet spot for those and the frog sticker bayonet. Do you plan on shooting it some?

The more I handle it, the more I really like it. I'm going to pick up 200 rds of PPU and see how she shoots.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know how fast you can fire off 3 rounds accurately from 6 floors up at target moving ~ 10 mph !!..... ;- )
I bought a Carcano many moons ago with the goal of attempting to do just that. Before getting to that stage, I first tied the gun to a tire and tied a 30 foot string to the trigger. Good thing I did , the headspace was terrible. Almost ruptured the cases. ( I tried twice).

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

The more I handle it, the more I really like it. I'm going to pick up 200 rds of PPU and see how she shoots.

I believe the PPU rounds for your Carcano are .268” wide which is good to try to get half way decent accuracy. Lot of the 6.5mm bullets made are .264” and with the “oversized” bore of the Carcano it doesn’t lend itself well to accuracy. I know Hornady did make a .268” bullet don’t know if they still do. Always a good candidate for cast bullets with an oversized mould.

The Carcano is not known as a match rifle but, it is nice to hit something at the range, right?

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post